Chapter 11: Rain

JIYONG'S POV

I went out of our building and headed out somewhere away from those annoying bastards. What were they thinking accusing me of stalking that weird girl? The reason why I asked somebody to check her background is that I want to make sure she's not spying on us. What if some mobster or one of our rivals out there sent her to get some information from us or worst a secret agent sent by the government. We can never be too sure. I encountered her three times already and that's more than enough to be a coincidence. She must be up to something. And who is she to that Lee guy? They are too close for everyone's liking. Not that I care but still. My train of thoughts got interrupted when the rain started to pour really hard.

Damn. I hate the rain. It reminds me of my past. Past that I want to remember and at the same time forget.

I was driving with no destination in mind when something caught my attention. A woman was walking limply in the sidewalk drenched in the rain and trying to hail a cab. What is wrong with her? Is she hurt? I drove to her direction and decided to help her get to the nearest hospital. When I got nearer, I somehow recognized who the woman is. Its her, again. Should I help her? She really looks exhausted though. I stopped the car in front of her and rolled the passenger seat's window down. "Hey stupid! Get in!!" I said not looking at her. She just looks at me and pretended she didn't see me. She's really stupid. "You want a lift or not?" I asked finally looking at her.

"Do I know you? I don't talk to strangers specially the arrogant ones!" She said. Now I'm arrogant? Tsk.

"Suit yourself! I'm just trying to help. " I shouted at her.

"Well, I don't need your help!" She stubbornly said. Who does she think she is? My patience finally ran out and decided to drove off. I wasn't that far when I checked my rear view mirror and saw her fell on the ground. Shit! I immediately pulled over. I checked my side mirror and saw her unmoving. I stepped out of my car not minding the heavy rain as I ran to her side. I saw her body shivering, face paled because of the cold wind and the continues pouring of the rain. I kneeled down and lift her head. "Hey!Wake up! "I tapped her face repeatedly, trying to wake her but she already lost her consciousness. I don't have a choice but to bring her to the hospital.

I carried her bridal style together with her things and ran as fast as I could back to my car. I laid her down at the passenger's seat and put on her seatbelt. She's still unconscious and breathing heavily this time. I immediately ran to my seat and drove off. I can hardly see the road for the weather is getting worst. The headlights isn't much of a help for the coldness of the air made my wind shield too foggy that I can't see anything. For safety reasons, I decided to pull over to the side of the road. After i parked the car properly, I looked at the girl beside me. She's still shivering and her face became paler than before. I noticed her creased forehead as if she's in pain or something. I touched her cheeks using the back of my hand and damn, she's burning up. She really needs to see a doctor. "Hey, I'l take you to the hospital alright? Just hang in there." I spoke to her softly, not sure if she can hear me.

"No, please. Not in the hospital.." She pleaded as her eyes slowly open and grabbed my wrist pulling me closer to her.

"But you need a doctor, you're sick." I told her as I tried to pull my hand away from her but failed.

"No, please. I'l go home now. I'm ok." She tried to open the door but I pulled her back in.

"Are you crazy?! Its raining hard out there. You want to die?!?" I shouted at her and a shocked face greeted me as she leaned her back against the door. I was taken aback when i saw a tear suddenly fell from her eye. I must have scared her.

"Im sorry, i didn't mean to scare you, but you really need to see a doctor ok? Don't be stubborn." I told her, this time in a calm way. She just nodded and twisted her body to look at her side of the window. Another tear escaped her eyes and I don't know why but I felt a little guilty when I shouted at her earlier. This is the first time I saw this side of her. The fragile and vulnerable one. I'm used to the girl who always shouts and curses me whenever she gets the chance. This time its different.

The rain is slowly stopping, making the road visible again. I glanced at her and found her sleeping. Touching her head, she's still burning up but unlike before, her face is now calm and peaceful. She looks different when she's sleeping that I can't help but to stare at her face. I have to admit, she is pretty. No, not just pretty, she's beautiful. Maybe she only acts tough on the outside to protect herself. But why does she have to do that if someone can do that for her? I wonder if someone is already doing it, I just shrugged at the thought. I unconsciously caressed her face gently feeling her cheeks against my thumb. She looks so innocent. Why do i feel like I should be the one protecting her?

-----------
DARA'S POV

I opened my eyes slowly and a white ceiling greeted me. Where am I? All I can see is white. Am I in heaven now? Thank goodness its heaven. Wait, if I'm in heaven then that means.... OH MY GOD!! Im dead?!?! I started to panic, i can't die, i still have lots of plans, I don't even have a boyfriend yet. I immediately sat up and found a needle stuck at the back of my left palm. Oh My God, needles exist in heaven?? Whats happening?? I was startled when someone entered the door of what seems to be my room. Wait, i know her, she looks like my best friend Bom. Maybe her counterpart here. But where are her wings?

"Oh gosh! Dara! Your awake now!" She said as she hugged me tight.

"Hey counterpart Bom, where are your wings?" I asked her still inspecting her back.

"Wings? What are you talking about?" She told me as she makes a funny face, just like Bom. Hahaha "Dr., what is she saying? Is something wrong with her?"

Another went inside the room dressed like a doctor and stood next to Bom. "No, hallucinations is one of the side effects of the medicine we used. It will be gone once the effect wears off and she'll totally be fine." He explained to Bom.

"Are you sure doctor? How long will the effect be?" Bom asked worried visible in her face. Even her counterpart is concerned about me.

"Soon, an hour tops. The dosage isn't that high so the effect will be out in no time. I already checked her vital signs and its perfectly normal. You can take her home once she recovered." The doctor said. 

"Really? Thank you doctor. " Bom said as she bowed her head. She helped me lay down the bed and brushed my head using her hands calming me until I feel a little sleepy as she does that. So sleepy now i can feel my eyes heavier....heavier until I can only see darkness.

---------//
A/N
Thank you readers for inspiring me to update this story and also for the votes and comments. Keep it coming!!

Special thanks to krizara03.

Nyce_gurl03