Chapter 5: Mission impossible

The next morning, I got out of bed even before my alarm rings. I have to be early today hoping I could talk to Yuri before office hours starts. She always arrives at the office thirty minutes before time to prepare for work. That's one thing I like about her. So punctual. I hurriedly went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and prepare myself for work.

I arrived at the office at least twenty minutes before my usual time and as expected, Yuri was there gathering her stuff and putting it all inside a medium sized box. Its pretty obvious that she already got the bad news. I walked to her and greeted her," Morning Yuri." I smiled at her which didn't reach my eyes. I can't even add the word "Good" when i greeted her, it feels inappropriate.

"Good Morning Ms. Park", she half smiled and went back to what she's doing.

"Hey, what's with the formality? I told you you can call me by my name right?" i said.

"Oh yeah, sorry Dara." she giggled. "So, can I get you anything? Coffee?" awww, my heart is breaking into pieces right now.

"Oh no, thank you. Uhmm, do you have a minute?" I asked her. She answered with a nod, and set aside what she was doing.

We went inside my office and as we got near my desk, I pointed at the chair in front of it gesturing her to sit down. What should I tell her? I'm not good with this kind of conversation. A little while later, I finally decided to break the silence. "About what happened Yuri..." i started, as she bowed her head and played with her fingers. I know how hard it is because I know how important this is for her, this is her dream job. "Truth is, I'm not really sure what happened but as much as I wanted to change their decision, I don't have the power to do something about it." I told her, feeling saddened by the turn of events.

"Its ok Dara, you really don't have to explain. I thought about it last night and I think its a great opportunity for me to try something new. I mean advertising department is a different world for me, it will be a big adjustment but I'll be fine." she said, now smiling naturally.

"Im really sorry Yuri, but your right. New challenges will make you tough and discover things you didn't know you have in you. But don't forget that I'l always be here if you need anything. Ok?" I assured her. I saw her eyes became teary as she stood up and walked around my desk to hug me. I hugged her back.

"Thank you Dara." she whispered. I'm gonna miss her.

--------

I went to the cafeteria to have my lunch. As I entered, I already saw Bom waiving her hand at me to come and sit with her. After I paid for my food, I immediately went straight to her table. "Where have you been yesterday? You didn't attend the meeting." i asked.

"I was sick yesterday, i didn't come to work." she told me. Wait, why didn't she tell me?

"And you didn't tell me because...?" I asked her feeling a bit down about her not telling.

"I don't want my tokki to worry, that's why." She said while pouting. She's trying to look cute, as if it will work on me.

"Then what's the use of me being your best friend if i don't have to worry?" I said starting to get annoyed.

"Aaawww, my best friend is so sweet. Don't worry Dara, its just a slight fever and colds, nothing to worry about." she said, "And besides, Seunghyun took care of me." she added while smiling and staring at nothing like an idiot.

"So you're so in love that you forgot about your best friend huh?!" i shot back as I continued eating.

She smacked my arm that my fork almost dropped on the floor. Sometimes, I think she's a man trapped in a woman's body. Unbelievable! "I didn't forget about you stupid. I just don't want you to worry. You know what? What you need is a boyfriend." she grinned as if she said something amazing.

"What? Maybe you mean a head ache?!" I said as i gave her a passive look.

"That's the problem Dara, that's why you can't understand people like me. You have to experience it first." she told me like its the natural thing in this world.

"Since when did you become a love guru?" I raised my brow at her while pointing my fork on her face.

"I didn't say I'm an expert when it comes to love. All I'm saying is experience is the best teacher. And once you're there, you will finally understand why I'm acting like this. Its the force of nature. You can't fight it. Once it hits you, there's no turning back." she knowingly said.

"Sounds scary... Hahaha" I laughed at her comment. Annoyance is starting to show on her face, that's the signal to stop. You don't want to see a mad Bom. Its definitely scarier than what she just said.

While eating, my phone suddenly rang. I checked who it was and saw Donghae's name appeared."Hello?"

"Where are you? I just finished packing my stuff at my office. Wanna have lunch? He asked. Oh yeah, he texted me this morning about it. I wonder how much stuff he has to take him that long to pack.

"Im here at the cafeteria with Bom." i said noticing Bom giving me a meaningful look.

"Oh really? Maybe next time then." he said as his voice slightly dropped abruptly.

"You want to join us? We're not yet done anyway." i asked.

"Its ok, maybe nextime." he said. "and Dara?" he continued. Im beginning to feel annoyed with Bom doing some really weird hand gestures.

"Yeah?" I asked curiously.

"Im planning to celebrate this coming weekend, you know, for getting the job. Would you like to come? My friends are coming too and you can invite Bom if you want." he invited me.

"Oh sure, just send me the details. I'l be there with Bom." I said. Bom raised his fist in the air as if she won something.

"Oh great. See you later. Bye!" then he hang up. Bom grinned at me as she took a bite of her corn.

"He invited us this coming weekend to celebrate. His friends are coming too." I told her as I took a bite of my food as well.

"I have an idea!" she said a little bit louder this time. This isn't good.

"Bom, whatever your thinking, stop it!" I cut her off before she could ever continue and create future trouble.

"What? You haven't even heard it yet!" she almost shouted. "Listen, that will be a great chance to meet new people, and meeting new people means meeting new friends, and you know what they say, It always starts with friendship." she told me smiling from ear to ear.

"Like I said, not a good idea." I said.

"Whatever Dara. Maybe that's the reason why I'm born, to find your prince and play as the cupid. It will be my mission. Hahaha. Im a genius!!!" she self declared.

"Its the other way around". I whispered and earned another smack from her. Ouch!!!!