Chapter 41: Welcome back(s)

After the long and agonizing lunch, we're finally back on the road. He continued pissing me off, saying things that he knew would make my blood boil. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose but i have to admit, it helps me divert my mind from the problems i'm having right now. Just thinking about it makes me feel lost and everything is new to me. I've live my life according to my set plans. I always have time tables, deadlines and goals to fulfill even if its not job related. I want everything to be organized. But right now, i can say that it is far from what i had in mind.

"Stop thinking too much, you'll die ugly." i heard Jiyong chuckled.

"I don't care, i'm already ugly." I said. He was speechless for a while and his smile instantly faltered. Maybe he thought i will counter what he said.

"You're not ugly. Remember what the waiter said Ms. Pretty?" He said and rolled his eyes.

"I noticed recently that you always roll your eyes. Did you develop the habit of doing it or you just do it when you're jealous?" I said smirking at him. I saw him tensed upon hearing what i said.

"Me? Jealous? Why should i?" He denied and repositioned himself on his seat, pretending to focus his eyes on the road.

"So you're not jealous?"

"No." he instantly answered back but felt uneasy all of a sudden. I can see his eyes looking at me sideways without moving his neck.

"Ok. If you say so." I looked the other way to hide my smile. He really looks adorable right now. Let's just see how long will he deny it.

After hours of driving, we finally reached the vicinity of Busan. I feel nostalgic seeing the familiar houses we passed through. I know my family will be surprised once they see me. Its been years since the last time i visited. I feel bad but i never had the time because of my busy schedules. I clenched and unclenched my hands to calm myself. I'm actually feeling nervous.

"Hey, relax. Everything will be fine." I heard Jiyong said. Am i being obvious?

"I don't know what will be the outcome once i talk to them." I said, i felt my heart pound a little because of anxiousness.

"Don't worry Dara, i'l be here." He said and put his hand on top of mine.

"Thanks Jiyong." I smiled at him.

We finally arrived in front of my parent's house. We stepped out of the car as i saw Jiyong stretched his arms and legs, feeling tired because of the long drive. The familiar surroundings  enveloped me and for the longest time, i felt home again. I was about to walk towards the gate when someone suddenly called my name.

"Dara?..."

I looked sideways and saw a man standing not too far from where Jiyong and I were. He looks familiar though, wait..is that..."Minho?"

"Dara!!! Its you!! It's really you!!" He dashed towards me and hugged me so tight i think my bones are going to crack anytime soon.

"Minho, wait i can't breath..." i said feeling my lungs loosing its air as well.

"Oh sorry, Dara. I just can't believe you're really here." He said as i saw his face lighten up and his eyes sparkly.