Chapter 12: The Dream

******
"Hey, what are you playing?" A little kid asked behind me as i was sitting on the ground playing with my toys.

"Can't you see? I'm playing with my dolls, you want to join me?" I asked him while reaching for my other doll to hand it to him.

"No way! Its for girls." He said as he shook his head in disagreement. "Why don't we just play hide and seek? Its much better than dolls. Dolls are boring!" He said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"But appa told me to stay here. He might get worried if i leave." I said as i get back to playing with my dolls.

"Its ok, maybe your just scared. I don't want to play with coward kids anyway." He said as i gasped in disbelief.

"I'm not coward! Take that back!" I shouted at him.

"No i won't" He said as he smirk. He's so mean.

"Fine! I'l play, but i have to tell appa first." I said as I stood up and dust the dirt off my dress with my hands.

"We won't take long, i promise." He said as he dragged me outside the hall.

"3...2...1! Ready or not here I come!!" I shouted for him to hear me. Its a huge place to look around. He said he won't go too far so it will be easy for me to find him. I started my search on every room i passed but he's not there. I wonder where he is. I saw an elevator at the end of the hall that has a sign that says"under construction". He can't be in there, can he? I walked closer and heard someone laughing. I peeked on the gap of the elevator door, and there he is, holding his mouth with both of his hands to control his laughter. "Boom! There you are!!" I shouted as i point a finger at him.

"Waaa, no fair!"He said as he scratched his head.

"Yes, fair! Now your it!" I told him and wait for him to get out.

"Fine!" He said as he tried to squeeze himself out of the elevator. But as he did, his shirt got stuck somewhere at the back part of the elevator. "Hey, Im stuck. I can't see it. Can you help me?"

"What? I don't want to. Its dark in there." I said as I stepped back a little.

"Your being a coward again. If you don't want to help me..." He said.

"Fine, i'l go in. And don't call me a coward, you get that?" I told him as i walked inside careful not to touch anything. I helped him free his shirt from the nail stuck on the wall. "There! Now lets go." I said but when we are about to stepped out, the elevator began to move. I panicked as i gasped in horror. I looked at him and worry is visible on his face. He made a step closer to the door but as he did, the elevator fell one floor from where we were. We both screamed as the elevator halt making it bend a little to the side. I'm crying endlessly now, scared that no one will know where we are. Afraid that I won't be able to see appa again.

"Shhh... Don't cry, I'm here." He said as he hugged me. I felt a bit safe with what he said. For a kid like him, I know he's scared too but he's trying to be strong.

I was still crying as we heard footsteps from above us. "Appa!! We're here!Help us!!!" I screamed and the kid join me as well as we wait for our rescue.
*******

DARA'S POV

"Help!" I jerked up as i wake inside a room. I think its a hospital room. Bom came to me from her sleep, looking worried.

"Hey, Dara. Are you ok?" She asked while rubbing my back.

"Yeah, I just had a dream. Sorry if I wake you." I apologized. Poor Bom, she looks exhausted.

"Its ok. Was it a bad dream?" He asked curiously as she sat beside me rubbing her droopy eyes.

"Kind of, i was stuck in an elevator with a kid." I told her.

"A kid? What kid?" She asked raising a brow.

"I don't know him, i don't remember his face but looks familiar though. Like i've already seen him somewhere." I said creasing my forehead trying to remember.

"So you have a son in your dream?" She asked as she laughed at me.

"No, stupid. I was also a kid in there. And we got stuck inside the elevator. So scary. " i sighed as I massaged my head feeling a bit dizzy.

"Maybe that's the reason why your so scared riding the elevator?" She said after gasping for air. You know when an idea suddenly pops in your head and a magical lightbulb appears? Thats exactly what she looks like.

"What? Its just a dream Bom, how can it be the reason for my phobia?" I sighed as i remembered something I've been meaning to ask. " Why are we here anyway? What happened?"

"Well, it was raining hard and you collapsed in the middle of the road. Someone called me and said he brought you here in the hospital. What were you thinking Dara? How did you end up in that situation? And why didn't you bring your umbrella? I told you, always bring an umbrella with you didn't I? Gosh Dara, you're so hard headed!" She bombarded me with so many questions but one thing caught my attention.

"Wait, someone called you?" I asked her curiously.

"Yeah, he didn't say his name though. I was expecting him to be here when I arrived but the nurses said he already left. Do you know him?" She asked.

"No. I don't." I answered as I immediately change the topic. "When can I go home?"

"The doctor said you're stable now and you can go home. We can leave tomorrow." She said.

"Why not now? I mean, the longer I stay here the higher the bills I have to pay. " I told her.

"Well, you don't have to worry about your hospital bills Dara. It was already taken cared of. " she said smiling.

"Oh gosh Bom, you don't have to do that, but thank you. I will pay you as soon as I get out of here. " I said as i held her hand smiling back.

"Oh no Dara, it wasn't me who payed for your bills here." She shook his head while waving her hands in disagreement.

"Really? Then who?" I asked.

"It was the guy who brought you here. He even told the nurses to give you the much needed attention you can possibly get. He said not to let you go home until your fully recovered." She said without a pause and breath after the last sentence.

"He said that?" I said bewildered. I know who the guy she's referring to but why would he do that? I mean, he hates my guts more that I hate him. Now I'm really confused.

"Yes, why? Is there a reason for him not to?" She asked and her face began to change from clueless to a curious look.

"Of course there is and don't look at me that way. Its giving me the creeps." I said as I changed my position in my bed.

"You know, judging how those nurses react, I think that guy is good looking. No, no, correction, very good looking." She said as she rubbed her chin with her fingers. "You really don't know that guy?"

"No Bommie! I don't know him!" I said feeling a bit irritated.

"Defensive I see.." She said while giving me the 'I-don't-believe-you' look. Arggghh. Its gonna be a long night.