Chapter 64: The New Beginning

1 year later....

Jiyong took the bouquet of flowers from the passengers seat as he stepped out of his car. With heavy footsteps, he walked towards the big gate where he's heading. Every step reminded him of the day he wanted to forget. It brings unbearable sadness and agony in his heart. The same day he lost someone dear to him.

He stepped into the ground covered with green grass as he lowered himself to place the bouquet of flowers on top of the tomb stone. He brushed some of the dust off to show the name engraved clearly over it. He straightened up and bowed his head as he solemnly say his prayer. A cold breeze passed his face as he stared at the stone lying in front of him.

"Hey, its me again." He spoke as if it can hear him. "How are you? I don't know if it still matters but i'm fine too." He heaved a deep breath before continuing. "Its been a while huh? Well, I just want to tell you something, just in case you want to know. A lot of things changed, everything is proving to be a challenge but its for the better. Its a shame its all happening without you. I know this has always been your dream, to get me out of the dark side." He said as he bowed his head. Its true. Since that day, Jiyong realized how dreadful it is to belong in that kind of world. He decided to change everything even if its hard and it will take every ounce of his will power to turn his life upside down. He talked to his members about it and with their help, they started to untie themselves to the world they used to belong. They no longer engaged themselves to illegal transactions and cut all their communications with their underground connections. Little by little, they did it until they finally let go of everything and started anew.

"I thought it was impossible, but we did it...i did it for you and me too..." He stopped for a while and breathed deeper. "...To move on." He finally said and stared at the stone again in front of him. Flashes of memories came running through his mind as he remembered everything. A tear suddenly escaped his eye but he immediately wiped it off with his hand. He promised himself he won't cry anymore but each time that an old memory pops inside his head, he can't stop himself but become emotional. It brought severe trauma within his system that he finds it so difficult to overcome.

He stood on his spot a little longer until somebody suddenly snaked an arm around his waist. He looked sidewards to glanced at the person hugging him.

"Hey..." she said as she rubbed his back to comfort him.

"Hey." He answered, a small smile tugging on the side of his lips.

"Are you ok?" She asked not letting go of the hug.

"I am now." He lifted his arm to welcome her embrace as they both looked in front of them. They both offered a prayer as they bowed their heads right after.

"I'm sorry i'm late. I didn't expect the meeting will take that long. Bom made sure everything is set before we call it off. I hurriedly came here as soon as we finished." She explained while frowning. Jiyong raised his hand and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before kissing her temple.

"Its ok Dara. But i told you don't stress yourself too much. You're still recovering." Jiyong reprimanded her in a low tone as he encircled his arms around her waist to hug her tighter. Dara pouted her lips that earned her a quick peck from Jiyong.

They both looked back at the tombstone of his father. Its been a year since that tragic night. The night they wanted to forget that left a deep scar in their memories.

(Flashback)

Jihoon felt her pulse again and bowed his head. He placed his hand on Jiyong's shoulder to calm him down as tears finally streamed down from his eyes.

Jiyong slumped his shoulders as he felt his world crumbled down before his eyes. He looked at her pale face and cupped her cheek. He can't believe that the only reason why he wants to live is currently lying breathless in his arms. He then hugged her tight and rest his face on the crook of her neck. "I love you Dara...please, come back..." he whispered non stop, his tears were endless.

Jihoon, who was crying as well, clutched his daughter's hand that was lying limply on Jiyong's side. He brought it to his lips to kiss it and then to his cheeks. He was blaming himself for what happened to his only daughter that has done nothing but be good to him. He remembered their moments when she was just a kid, she always makes him laugh every time he's tired. She was his stress reliever. And now, he's the main reason why his daughter's story ended like this. If only he can take his daughter's place, he will without second thoughts. He thought it was just a nightmare, unfortunately this is the kind where he can't wake up even if he wanted to.

His trail of thoughts were put to a halt when he felt a finger moved against his cheek. He pulled away a little and thought he was just hallucinating but his eyes widen in shock when Dara's finger moved again. "Jiyong! She's..." he wasn't able to finished what he's about to say when they both heard a grunting sound coming from her.

"Dara?..." Jiyong called her name in a hoarse voice as she caressed her face with the back of his hand. She moved her head to Jiyong's side and slowly opened her eyes, making it adjust to the blinding light.

"W-why are you sh-shouting? It h-hurts my ears." She stuttered badly, a small smile slowly becoming visible on her face.

"DARA!!! Oh God, you're alive!!!" Jiyong screamed as he tightened his hug even more. His tears flowed freely on his face, this time because of happiness. He felt her hugged him back weakly as he thank the heavens for giving her back to him.

"Jiyong, let's bring her back to the facility. Even if the antidote worked, we need to check all her vital signs." Jihoon suggested as he tapped Jiyong's shoulder.

Jiyong nodded and slowly scooped Dara up from the floor and headed towards the door when he heard her spoke. "W-What about the others? They n-need help too." She lowly said, pertaining to the people around them who were still alive.

"My men will take care of them. We just need to take you to the headquarters now." He said. Dara just nodded her head as he continued walking towards the door.

(End of flashback)

"I'm ok now. Don't worry. You might grow some wrinkles on your face if you don't stop worrying too much." Dara lifted her hands to gently tapped Jiyong's face.

"If it involves you, i don't mind worrying. I don't want that night to..." he wasn't able to finish what his saying when Dara cut him off. She suddenly brought her index finger on top of his lips.

"Shhh...I love you Jiyong." She said as she smiled genuinely to him. He heaved a deep sigh and kissed her finger before capturing her hand and placing it behind his neck.

"I love you more my Dara." He replied as he leaned closer to claim her lips.

--------
A/N:

Hello guys!!! Did i scare you back there? 😅✌🏻Sorry about that. It's just part of the story that needs to be told. Anyway, its sad that this story is about to end. Next chapter will be the epilogue. I hope you'll stay with me till the end.

Love lots,
Nyce_gurl03