Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)

DARA'S POV

I can't believe the ball is happening tonight. I am pretty nervous considering this is my first time to attend gatherings like this. I looked at the clock and it says 6pm. I have to be ready before Jaejoong arrives. Yup, i finally said yes to that jerk. He didn't stop pestering me until i said yes.

I took a bath and wore the dress Bom picked for me. It was a long black dress with white and silver thin linings across that shows my curves. A diamond like sparkles was also added on the dress to make it look more elegant. The mask that i'l be wearing has the same design matching the dress. All in all, it looks perfect.

After applying a simple make up, I finally heard my door bell rang. I gathered my stuff and went to the door to open it.

"Good evening milady." Jaejoong greeted as he bowed in front of me.

"Good evening milord." I greeted him riding along with his antics. We both burst out laughing after our formal greetings as i stepped outside my apartment. He led the way to where his car was parked and opened the door for me.

The ride was unexpectedly quiet until he broke the silence. "So, are you ready for later?"

"Well, i prepared myself for less than a week, i don't know if am." I told him, the nervous feeling started to build up.

"Don't be nervous, i'm there with you. I'l help you with your assignment." He looked sideways to wink at me.

"Eww, what's with the winking Jae? You're giving me goosebumps all over." I gestured in front of him as if i'm throwing up.

"What's wrong with that? One day, you'll fall for my charm." He declared and winked at me again.

"In your dreams, Mr. Oh so Confident" i mockingly said while crossing my arms in front of me.

"It will be a reality, Ms. Denial Queen" he chuckled and i smacked his arm lightly not forgetting that he was driving.

We finally arrived at the venue and my heart began to double its pace when i saw how grand it was. People coming in were dressed in royalty, all were expected to walk in the red carpet spread on the floor leading inside the venue.

My observation was interrupted when i suddenly heard a voice beside me. "Hey, are you ready?" Jaejoong asked.

"Yes."

"Put your mask on, we're up next." He instructed and i immediately took my mask and wore it.

Jaejoong stopped the car in front of three men that looked like butlers standing at the end of the red carpet we're supposed to walk on. They immediately opened the doors of the car and assisted us. Jaejoong stood beside me and offered his right arm for me to take. "This is nerve wrecking." I whispered to him seeing the people on each side of the carpet taking pictures. I think they are media people from different stations that were here to cover the event. I tried searching for my staffs but the flashes coming from the cameras blinded me. Where are they?

"Relax, Dara. I'm here."" Jaejoong said as we walked slowly towards the entrance.

"Invitation please." The man, who i thought was the receptionist, asked us upon stepping inside the entrance.