Chapter 21: Missing Link

It was early in the morning and Jiyong was in his office alone, busy reading something on his phone. He will often smile and chuckle as he read the messages they exchanged last night. He doesn't know how many times he read it but his smile doesn't fade even a bit.

His face returned to being stoic when someone barged inside his office without a warning.

"So you're busy, i see." A man in his late forties, but still looking young, stood in front of him with full authority.

"What brings you here?" He said surprised at his unexpected visitor.

"Is that how you welcome your father?" He mocked as he walked around his office looking at the surroundings.

"Tell me what you want so we can go on with our lives. I know how busy you are right?" Jiyong hissed as he stood up to meet his father's eye level.

"Why hurry? Do you have anything else to do son?" His father looked at him eyebrows meeting at the center. Jiyong instantly averted his gaze to avoid his father's stare. "Fine, i just want you to handle something for me."

"Why don't you ask somebody else to do it for you? You have lots of loyal puppies that will instantly follow at your every command." Jiyong remarked, bitterness evidence in his voice.

"Because i know you will be willing to do this even if i don't force you." He smirked.

"How sure are you?" Jiyong replied still not looking at him.

"Oh I'm very sure." He said full of confidence. Jiyong turned to look at his father and he knows he already got his son's attention. "Find the chemist's daughter and bring her here." He ordered.

"Aira..." Jiyong was taken aback with what his father asked of him. What does he want from her?

"Yes Jiyong, find her or i'l ask somebody else to do it....like what you suggested." He calmly said and prepared himself to leave but halted to say something, "You're aware how my puppies work right?" He smirked as he finally left the room.

Jiyong's heart began to beat faster as his chest tighten with what his father said. He definitely knows how his men works. Most of them are inhuman and inconsiderate, they show no mercy. He certainly can't imagine what they will do once they get a hold of her. The thought of them in charge of locating her makes him sick to his stomach.

She was his childhood friend that has been taken twenty years ago by one of their helper. He can't forget that night when he last saw her.

(Flashback)

"Walk faster Aira, we have to hurry." Mr. Jang told her daughter while they were half walking half running along the corridors of the mansion.

"Where are we going appa? Its still sleeping time.." The little girl asked her father as she was being dragged by her arm leading her outside.

"We're just going to play outside baby. Be very quiet or else they will see us." His father explained while they passed through the rooms where some of the guards were staying."

"Are we going to play hide and seek?" Her face instantly brightened when she heard the word play. "Let me call Jiyong, he's good at it!" Aira excitedly said as she rubbed her droopy eyes trying to stay awake.

"Shhh..No baby, Jiyong is still sleeping. Maybe he can join us tomorrow." Mr. Jang stopped her from making any noise. They didn't notice a young boy has been following them since they left Aira's room.