Chapter 16: The Meeting (Part 2)

"Hi babe, are you starting without me?" The man in front said as he leaned on the door frame wearing his toothy smile.

"I told you never to call me babe, didn't I?" Chaerin irritably hissed crossing her arms above her chest.

"I know you didn't mean that. Coz it will totally break my heart." He dramatically touched his chest and grip his shirt.

"That's my intention moron!" Chae growled as she was about to smack his head when someone spoke at his back.

"Seungri! Don't you know how to be a gentleman?" Someone from the back reprimanded him. We all looked to where the voice came from and lo and behold, its the grumpy jerk again. Is it me or the world is just too small for both of us? How many times do I have to see him in an unexpected way? And just as he came to view, he had the same reaction as I was.

I was about to say something when someone beat me to it. "Ji?, what are you guys doing here?" A deep baritone voice said.

All of us darted our eyes at the back, seeing Seunghyun standing right next to Bom looking confused.

"What a minute, you guys know each other?" Bom asked Seunghyun pointing fingers from him to the newly arrived guests.

"Ahh, yes babe. They are my buddies. The ones i was telling you about?" Scratching his head looking nervous.

"Oh, well, come in you guys. Come join us for lunch." Bom invited them in as we girls looked at each other back and forth.

As they let themselves in, i didn't miss the glare of the jerk towards me. Is he mad? What did i do this time?

The lunch was unexpectedly quiet if not with the guy named Seungri doing all the talking. I mean, his mouth is like a machine gun with unlimited ammo. I don't know if he's impressing Chaerin or what but judging by her face, its definitely not working.

I quit observing the two and continued eating. Good thing its my favorite dish, it really lifts my mood. I gradually took a generous bite of the meat and enjoyed chewing it when i caught a glimpse of the jerk staring at me. I don't know what happened but the meat i was chewing suddenly choked me causing me to cough really hard. The mohawk guy sitting beside me instantly pat my back a little hard and handed me a glass of water. He's the same guy I saw with the jerk at the cafe. I looked at him and concern is visible on his face. "Are you ok?" He said.

"Yeah. Thank you, ahh...." I said stopping because I don't know what to call him.

"Taeyang, the name is Taeyang" he said as he smiled reaching his chinky eyes.

"Oh, Thank you Taeyang sshi, I'm Dara." I responded.

"I know." He replied smiling as he continued eating.

My eyes landed on the jerk again and he's still glaring at us with combination of raised eyebrow. Maybe he's somehow related with the Grinch. Always mad at everything.

Finally the lunch is over and I volunteered on cleaning up the dishes. Taeyang, surprisingly, volunteered on helping me which earned a deathly glare from the jerk. What is his problem? So he doesn't want his friend to help me? Is that it? "Uhmm, Taeyang sshi, its ok. I can manage." I said as i gathered the plates.

"Don't worry about it. I wash dishes like a hobby." He smiled as I laughed at his joke. "And just call me Taeyang. No need for formalities" he added.

We started washing the plates while the others went to their respective rooms,  Chaerin being their guide. "Hey, you can come with them and take some rest. I can finish this." I told Taeyang as was finally on the last two plates.