Chapter 49: Puzzle pieces

"Dara come in." I saw Ms. Han waving her hands at me. "Take a sit."

I sat in front of the smiling Donghae and asked him what's up without saying a word. I heard Ms. Han cleared her throat before saying a word. Ok Dara, here goes.

"Dara, i called to inform you that at the end of the month, you will take the position as the Departments Head." She said and smiled at me which doesn't reach her eyes. Did i just hear her right?

"What did you just say?" I asked. I think i'm getting deaf by the minute.

"I think you heard me Dara. Aren't you happy? You just got promoted." She said and extended her hand for a shake. I furrowed my brows but still took her hand.

"But Ms. Han, that is your position. How about you?" I asked still can't believe this is happening.

"Oh, i'l still have the same title but not here. I will be transferring to one of our offices in London." She confirmed and averted her gaze to Donghae. "As for Donghae, he will take your current position as the Chief Editor. I think he deserves the title, he earned it don't you think?" She asked as she drifted her eyes back to me.

"Yeah, he's good. I mean great." I'm not sure what i'm talking about. My head is still in daze because of the current information i just learned.

"I will be announcing this new set up at the end of the month. For now, you two should work on the current issue before we hit the deadline." She said. "Dara, i hope i can count on you this time? The Board must have seen your great efforts that's why they chose you. Don't disappoint them." She added and for the first time, i saw sincerity in her eyes. Not the sarcasm she always gives me every time she talks to me.

"I'l try my best Ms. Han." I bowed at her and she returned it with a nod.

"Ok, i don't have anything else to say so you two can go back to work now." She dismissed us and both of us headed out the door.

"Congratulations Dara! You made it!" Donghae greeted as soon as we were out of the office.

"You too, Congratulations." I smiled at him as he abruptly hugged me.

"This calls for a celebration. Lets go out later." He said as we started to head back to our office.

"Oh, sure. I'l ask Bom if she could come." I mentioned and his face suddenly frown again. What is it with him and Bom? "Hey, did something happen with you and Bom while i'm gone?" I asked. I can't contain my curiosity anymore.

"What? No. Nothing happened." He shook his head and immediately faced me. "Why? Did she say anything?" He asked, i was taken aback when his eyes suddenly became dark.

"No, she didn't. I just noticed that you become agitated whenever i mentioned her name." His body stiffen but regained his composure as he smiled right after.

"Oh, that's nothing. You know we're not really close. Maybe i still feel awkward towards her. Hehe." He said and scratched his head.

"Really? But we did hang out before with her not just once. You should feel comfortable by now." I said as i tapped her shoulder. "Don't worry, Bom won't eat you." I joked to lighten up the mood. He just laughed at it and both of us went to our office to start the day.