Is This Goodbye?

Zoe and I drive around for about an hour trying to figure out what I'm going to do, I should text Phil and talk to him about this. I pull out my phone and call him, "Hello?" The caring, familiar voice says. "Uh, hi Phil." I say nervously. "Where are you, Nari? Dan and I miss you so much. Dan wants to talk to you." I take a deep breathe, thinking about what I should say. "Okay, lemme talk to him...." I hold the phone to me ear with my shoulder and twiddle my thumbs. "Hello?" Dan says. "Uh, hi Dan." I have a flashback of him grabbing my arm and spinning me around. "Listen, I want to apologize for everything I've done. I'm just so confused and I don't have any idea what to do and when you said that I just couldn't bear the thought of sharing something that personal...." He stops, suddenly.

I think of rather or not I should forgive him, after all he's my father so I should, but I just got so hurt that day. "Dan, I forgive you but, you need to listen to ME for a second." I hear his breathing quicken. "Go for it, I'll always be here for you." I start speaking without even thinking, "So, that day you just abandoned me at starbucks, I just got so hurt. I had to find my way through an unfamiliar city, you can't even imagine how I felt, Dan!" My blood still boiled at the thought. "Nari, I..." He started to speak but I cut him off. "You can say sorry all you want, but I can't tell if you really mean it or not! I'm trying to believe, but I can't! I can tell when you mean it when you say sorry, so can Phil." I stop for second, giving him a chance to respond. "Nari, I am sorry. I hope you realize that I truely mean it. I can't stand the thought of you being mad at me, neither can Phil."

I nod my head. "I forgive you, but please don't just leave me somewhere." I smile, finally happy again. "I promise, Nari. Come home as soon as you want! The sooner, the better." I hear the smile in his voice. "Okay, we're in Brighton, but we'll head back that way. I love you both." I say meaningfully. "We love you too." They both say, then I hang up. I nod to Zoe and we start back to my house. I can't stop smiling, I always get so relieved when we finally make up after a fight. I lean back in my seat and slowly, I drift to sleep.

After a good, fourty minute nap, we arrive at the house. I get out and get my bag from the backseat and walk up to the door. I knock and Dan opens the door with wide arms. I run up to him and he bear hugs me, Phil soon joins in. I look up to see them both smiling at me. They each kiss me on the forehead as we say goodbye to Zoe. She waves and heads back to her car. We go inside to decide how we are going to spend the rest of the afternoon, "Let's watch a movie." Phil suggets. "Okay, what movie?" Dan asks me. I think for a minute, trying to decide what movie. "How about Big Hero Six?" They both smile and nod. Dan goes over to a shelf and pulls it from a stack of movies and puts it into the dvd player.

All three of us end up falling alseep on the sofa, Dan's head on Phil's shoulder, Phil's back to the back of the sofa, and my head on a pillow on Dan's lap. This would have been picture perfect.

-

-

wow, the feels got me good : (

anyways, who's happy Dan and Nari made up?!