rude

"We're here and we have cupcakes!" Phil yells as they enter the hospital room, waking me back up again in the process. "Do you have to be so loud?" I ask them both, they just laugh. "Sorry, Nari. The front desk said you were up around 6:30 this morning." Dan says, I nod. "Yeah, couldn't really sleep last night." They shrug, the flowers catch Dan's eyes. "Who brought flowers?" He asks, I look away from him. "Um, no one. I just thought they looked pretty. Did you know there's a 24 hour flower shop down the road?" I ask them, they give me a weird look. "Yeah, we got the flowers for the wedding there, remember?" I facepalm, which makes them both laugh. "So, Zoe wants to see you today. If you're up to it that is." I nod and yawn. "I don't know, maybe. I'm too tired to think right now." They laugh again, "Alright. Just text Zoe and let her know. We can stay with Austin if you like." Phil offers, I shake my head. "No, it's fine. He's supposed to wake up any day now." I say with a smile.

I get up and go into the hospital bathroom. I needed a shower and a change of clothes. After my shower, I change into a white sweater, black skinny jeans, and black hightop converse. "Hey guys, I'm going to go to get something for lunch. What do you want?" They both recommend me getting takeout from a dinner about a block away. I go out the elevator doors, when someone stops me. "Hey, Nari! Long time no see!" It's Scott, he's always where I am.. Creepy. "Uh, hey there. What's up?" I ask him, he shrugs. "Oh nothing. Just saw you leaving and wanted to know if you needed or wanted some company." I smile gently. "I'm sorry, I really just need to be alone for a bit if that's okay." I say, he holds his hands up. "No, no. Don't worry about it!" He says kindly. I can tell he's sort of hurt though. "Maybe I'll see you later?" He asks. "Maybe, I would like to go out with a friend tonight." He breathes deeply, I think he thinks I'm making excuses not to hang out. "Uh, yeah. It's fine." He say sadly, then walks away.

I start walking in the direction of the dinner, then my phone beeps twice. One's Dan and the other is Pj. I open the message from Dan first: "Hey, Nari. The doctor wants to try and wake Austin up when you get back! Hurry please, love you xx" Yay! There's some good news, I needed that. Then I open the one from Pj: "Hey, simmy. I got the news about them trying to wake Austin up today. I'll be there, don't worry <3" That heart, that stupid heart just ruined my mood. Of course I want to see him, but that heart just messed with my feelings. I try to shurg it off as I enter the dinner. "Hello, how can I help you?" The friendly cashier asks me, I order and stand at the counter as I wait for the food. A few minutes later, a group of girls come over to me, three to be exact. "Hey! Oh my gosh, are you Nari Howell-Lester?!" One of them asks, I smile at her and nod. "Yep. The one and only." Two of the three laugh. "Cool! Can we get a picture?!" The other one asks. "Of course!" The third one takes the picture, looking unamused the whole time. "I'm Mandy and this one here is Sabrina. We're big fans!" I smile at them, my eyes wander to the other girl.

"Uh, yeah. This is Raven. She doesn't really watch Youtube." Mandy says, eyeballing Raven. It was like she was scared of Raven. I mean, I would be too. She had long black hair, had a septum peircing, and wore a permanent scowl on her face. "Um, alright." I say awkwardly, still looking at Raven. "Personally, I think Youtubers are all fake. Especially you..." Raven says with a smirk, I look away. "Alright. That's not exactly your call to make though." I say, stepping towards her. She chuckles and turns to walk away. "Raven, don't be like that." Sabrina says, Raven turns to her and gives her a nasty look. Sabrina quickly looks away and backs away. "Raven, I don't know what your problem is. But, you should really be nicer to your friends." I say, she raises her eyebrows. "Really now? I know you're just using Zoella and Austin King. I bet you don't even love Austin." I scoff, the nerve of this girl! "Okay, you went to far." I say firmly. She rolls her eyes, "Oh, I'm sorry. Am I triggering your fake anxiety?" She smirks, I grab the bag with my food and try to walk away. She grabs my arm, "Where are you going? We're having a chat." She says.

I set the bag down on a table, people are starting to stare. "Please, just move so I can leave." I say softly. She shakes her head, "No can do. I know the truth about you Nari. Why you took a break from Youtube a few weeks ago. You were in the hospital, right?" Sabrina and Mandy look at her weirdly. "Is that true, Nari? Were you in the hospital?" Mandy asks, tearing up. I nod shyly, Mandy walks out and Sabrina follows her. "I also know there was a boy with you in Austin's room last night." She says with a smirk. "How do you know this stuff?" She ignores my question and laughs. "Nari, sweatheart. Austin is in the hospital because of you. He tried to kill himself because you left him." She sounds like pure evil at this point. "Just do everyone a favour and delete your channel, break up with Austin, and move away from Dan and Phil." I grab the bag and take off running. To where? I don't know. I just needed to escape...

-

guyssss im having surgery tomorrow😭😭