Prologue

---Prologue---

"Wake up, already" I hear my sister's voice echo in my sleep. I shift on my bed and ignore her.

"Jasmine" She said.

"Leave me alone" I groaned, pulling my blanket over my head.

"It's getting late and Mark will come in any minute" She said.

"I don't care. I just want to sleep" I whined.

"Well, that's all you've been doing for the past month, do something else with your life, will ya?" That woke me up completely and I opened my eyes to see my sister, with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Leave my room" I said, hurt. She can't judge what I do, she can't talk to me like this when she doesn't know what happened.

"Jazzy I-"

"Leave. Now" I said through gritted teeth.

She nods, disappointed and walks out of my room, closing the door behind her. I can only imagine how worse this day can get, after this just happened.

I crawl out of bed and shower as quick as I can. I let the boiling hot water soothe me and when I get dressed, I try to make myself, as presentable as I can. I wear a pair of jeans and a baggy grey sweater, along with black boots. I just brush my hair and let them be. I have no time and no mood to be fancy today, or ever for my mum's boyfriend.

It's not like he's the queen of England or something. He's just a random person that happens to be romantically involved with my mother. I gag at the thought. That was utterly disgusting even to think about.

I hear the door bell and groan.

"Jasmine, honey, come out here!" My mother yelled from the living room. I make my way to the living room and sit down on the couch.

My mum opens the door, and hugs Mark as soon as she sees him. I roll my eyes at my sister, Jesy, hugging him next.

"Hey Jazz" He said and stood in front of me, smiling.

"Yeah hi" I said and faked a smile.

"Jasmine, stop being so rude today and every time you see people" My mum said.

"Let her be Sharon. It's alright" He said.

The only reason I don't completely dislike this guy, is because he lets me be me and I don't have to pretend around him. Him and my mum have been dating for six months now and I met him three months ago. He's at least decent.

"How are my beautiful girls today? All good?" He asked. We're siting in the living room, as if we are some sort of family and I want to throw up.

"Lovely" My mum said.

"Jazzy? What about you? Is everything good?" He asked.

"Amazing, as always" I say sarcastically and snort.

"Jasmine" My mum looked at me, with an angry expression.

"What? Don't you want me to interact?" I asked.

"Stella's mum talked to me at work today" My mum mentioned, and I flinch at her name.

"So?" I ask.

"Don't you care? Isn't she your friend?" She asked.

I immediately burst out laughing. "Is this a joke? That's the least she could be" I said.

She looks at me. "I thought you two made up" She said.

"Who gave you that idea" I asked. "Oh let me guess" I look at Jesy.

"I told her you were okay. Are't you?" She said.

"I don't know, ask her" I laughed again.

We ate lunch and after I went up to my room, to read a book. I take my favourite book, Paper Towns and begin to read it for the twentieth time. I have read it so many times, I know it from scratch.

I was almost at the end, and as soon as I finish it around 7pm, I decide to go to the library and get another one, for a change. It must be open, still.

"Where are you going?" My mum asked.

"The library" I said.

"Want me to drive you?" Mark asked.

"No, I have feet, I can walk" I said. The truth is, I'd love not to have to look at many people, but I don't want to have to experience an awkward car ride with Mark.

I take my keys for the house and close the door, before I hear my mum, say "Be careful".

I sigh and tighten my jacket around me. It's really cold here, but I don't mind. I like winter. It's Saturday and more people are out, besides the weather.

After my trip to the librabry, where I decide to take and read something more classic, Wuthering Heights, I start making my way back home. It starts to rain, but again, I don't mind. I only protect my book and hide it under my jacket. I'm ready to cross the street, and as I do, I hear a loud thud, a car making noise, and my head pounds on the wet pavement and it's all painful and black.

-
-
-

~Short intro to the story I'm working on. You probably don't understand much and you won't get lots of information but that's the whole point. Hope you liked it. :) -Eva. xx