One.

---One---

Harry's pov;

My ribs hurt awfully and I am still shocked by the events of a couple of minutes ago, maybe an hour. I sit on a hospital bed and wait until the doctor comes in.

"Mr. Styles" He said.

"Yes" I said. It even hurts to talk. What did I get myself into, for goodness sake, again.

"Your scans and results show that you will be totally fine. You will have bruises but they will eventually fade away. The pain will go away with the medication we will prescribe you. You are really lucky" He said. I only had to do some stitches on my forehead, nothing more and nothing less.

"When can I leave?" I asked.

"You need to rest for now, so the pain doesn't get worse. A nurse will bring you medication and you are free to leave tomorrow afternoon" He said and closed his manila folder.

"What about... What about the girl? How is she? What's her name?" I ask, nervousness taking over me.

"Jasmine Nelson. I'm afraid she's in a really bad state. She's in surgery and will probably be transferred to the ICU" He said.

"Is she going to be alright?" I asked.

"We can't be certain. I have a question. Where you drunk when you drove your car?" He asked.

"I-no. I wasn't. I was just in a really bad state and it was raining. It's all a mess" I explained, running a hand through my hair.

"Alright. Don't worry. We'll do our best" He said.

He exited my room and I layed down on the bed, frustrated and furious with myself. After I take my medication, they make me sleepy and I close my eyes.

-

The next morning, the doctor comes by and he asks me how I feel. I don't feel much better, the pain has only gotten worse. My only concern is the damage I've done to the poor girl.

"How is she hanging?" I asked.

"I'm sorry to say this but, she went into the ICU as said before, and the surgery did not go well. She's in a coma, but we hope she will wake up. She's not responding but we don't think she will ever be in a vegetative state" He said.

"In- In a coma?" I stutter. Oh dear god.

"Yes. Remember you are free to leave any time in the afternoon" He said and walked out of my room.

I can't believe what I just heard. I put an innocent person into a coma. I had a car crush and hit a girl. I came out okay and she is badly injured.

I might, most of the time, be a total jerk to people, and character, might not make people think I'm up to any good, but I would never want to hurt someone innocent.

Moments pass by and the only thing I do is stare at the ceiling.

I hear the door open and look up, to see one of my mates, Louis, enter my hospital room.

"Hey mate. How are you feeling? Heard about what happened but Liam said they wouldn't let visitors" He said.

"I'm fine. I'm totally fine and that's the problem" I said.

"Why is it a problem?" Louis asked.

"Because I put her in a coma" I said.

"Who? The girl you hit?"

"Do you need to keep reminding me?" I snap at him.

"You don't even know her" He said.

"So what, that will make me completely heartless?" I asked.

"No but, you barely ever care for people" He responded.

"I'm just.., concerned as hell. I don't know, this is too much. I didn't mean to hurt her. I didn't even get out of the car to help, I just hurt everywhere and froze, I couldn't move from my seat" He said.

"You can't do anything about it now" Louis said.

"We better go. I need to go back to the house, I don't like hospitals and I don't like doctors" I complained.

"Let's go then. Are you able to get to business with the parties?" Louis asked.

"Not yet. I need some time" I said.

We walked out of the room and to the aisle. We pass ICU and my eyes catch two people talking with a doctor, and another girl sitting down, her face full of sadness and her eyes red and puffy.

Curiosity runs through my veins and I stop, to hear what they are saying.

"We can't do anything but keep an eye on her and wait" The doctor said. It was a different one, not the same I had.

"What do you mean? How long will it take for her to wake up?" The mother I assume, asks, her voice desparate.

"We can't know" The doctor said.

"Harry, we need to go" Louis said.

"I think that's her family" I said.

"So?" He asked.

"Look at them. Look how upset and sad they are. This is all my fault" I say.

"No need to get sentimental now, you need rest. It wasn't your fault. You had no control over the situation, the weather was shitty" Louis tried to comfort me.

"I had control. I had total control" I spoke the truth. I remember, my vision being so blurry from how much I had drunk last night and how angry I was. I lied, I was completely drunk and intoxicated.

-
-
-

~You probably don't understand much but that's how the story starts. The chapter will get bigger and more detailed as I go on. Love ya. -Eva. xx