Two.

---Two---

Harry's pov;

I get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. The pain on my sides is so bad, but I try my best to ignore it. I get in the shower and let the hot water soothe me. It eases my pain and I feel instantly better.

My mind starts to wander to the girl and how she turned out to be. I hate myself for doing that to her. I don't even know her, and it's strange. Most people think I'm heartless and part of me is. But my other part thinks of how badly she is injured.

I never got to see her face. Was she young? Was she my age? Does she have friends? Why was she walking down the street in the cold?

After I dry myself, I get dressed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a black T-shirt, with my usual boots. I put my coat on and get out of the house. Without thinking, I drive to the hospital with my car.

I go to the reception and wait for the woman to notice me.

"How can I help you?" She smiled.

"I'm looking for a girl that got in here a couple of days ago. I think her name was Jasmine. Jasmine Nelson" I said.

She nodded and looked down a list.

"She's in the ICU, the third floor and in room 379" She said.

"Thanks" I said and didn't give a second glance at her.

I turn on my heel and walk to the elevator. I press the button to the third floor and wait to reach it. There's annoying elevator music and I cringe. Why do all elevators need to have this music? It's not even pleasant.

I find the room and outside is a girl, maybe a little older than I am. She's asleep. She's the same girl who was with the couple I saw talking to the doctor yesterday.

I quietly open the door and find, what I suppose is the mother of the two girls. She looks so sad and exhausted already. The beeping noise is the only thing you can hear, which is coming from all the machines around.

I look at the girl on the bed. Her eyes are closed. Different needles are in her hands and there's an oxygen machine. The oxygen mask covers her mouth. Her hair is so dark, almost completely black. Her olive skin is glowing, despite her condition.

"Can I help you?" Her mother asks. I haven't realised I have been standing there for a while, taking in what was in the room.

"Um I uh... Is this Jasmine?" I asked.

"Yes. Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm... I'm the one who hit her with my car" I said and felt the guilt wash over me.

"What? And what the hell are you doing here?" She asked, her eyes filling with anger.

"I wanted to see how she is" I said.

"You mean what you did to her" Hatred was visible in her voice.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do anything, I really didn't. If there is anything I can do to help you-"

"She doesn't need your pity. None of us do. Just leave. How do you have the nerve to come here?" She asked.

"Miss, I want to apologise. I was in a really bad state last night and-"

"All of you drunk, irresponsible teenagers, drive around town, with no control. You run over people, you kill them and you don't give a crap about them" She snapped at me.

"I'm not an irresponsible teenager and I do care about this situation" I said. I honestly have no idea what I'm saying to this woman, I'm trying my best to be compassionate.

"Yeah right. Just leave" She said.

"She has a beautiful name" I said out of the blue.

"We'll be lucky if we get the chance to call her name again" She laughed, no humour in her voise.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"Leave!" She yelled at me and burst out crying. I sigh and get out, before I take another glance of Jasmine. She looked peaceful in that state, as if she had found her own peace. I wonder, why does she look so okay when she is in such pain? Did she hurt before?

"What's happening?" I bump into the girl who was sleeping before.

"I'm sorry" I say and sigh, storming out of there and out of the hospital as soon as I reach the first floor.

I drive to the dorm houses again and to our house with the guys. I smell the scent of smoke and find Zayn taking a smoke.

"Dude, I told you not to smoke in here" I said.

"You were away, so I thought you wouldn't mind" He shrugged.

"It's fine, I need a smoke too" I said and pulled out my packet of cigarettes from the pocket of my coat.

I sit down and light my cigarette, placing it between my lips. The familiar sense of the smoke engulfing my senses, calmed me down.

"Is that good for you? After your accident?" Zayn asked.

"I suppose it won't hurt me in any way, it never did" I said.

"Where did you go?" He asked.

"The hospital"

"I thought you were okay" He said.

"I am. I just- I don't know why I went there, it was a bad idea. I went to see the girl and her mother was so frustrated when I told her who I was" I said and smoked.

"Hmm. Should have skipped that information or lie" He said.

"Do you think she'll be alright?" I asked.

"I'm not a doctor, but hopefully. Why?" He asked.

"I feel so guilty man. It was such a bad day. She was near me in the wrong day and the wrong place" I said and let out the smoke, out of my mouth.

It was the most unfortunate thing that could happen. Because of what that day meant, I feel like I need to care for what I did and care for her, even though I don't know her.

-
-
-

~I hope you liked this chapter. More on the way. -Eva. xx