//flashback\\

{a/n : the italics will be the flashback itself and the regular font will be tae's narration throughout.}

Taehyung's POV
"well get comfortable, this may take a while.", i said to (y/n).

~flashback 1 year before present time~

"well back when i was a freshman in college, i surprisingly had a girlfriend. keep in mind this was before i quit."

"oppa. let's get dinner.", jaehwa said pulling on taehyung's shirt sleeve.

"not now. i have to finish this report.", he replied, focused.

"but tae. i'm hungry.", she whined.

"then go. i'll be there once i finish.", he still didn't look up from his paper.

"whatever.", she sighed and picked up her phone, keys, and wallet and she left.

"jaehwa and i had been dating for 11 months and we shared a small apartment not too far from campus. everyone thought we were moving too fast but we didn't mind them. i was always focused on school, but she understood how important it was to me. that was until she had enough."

jaehwa waited in a small diner near their apartment for him. five minutes turned into 30. 30 minutes turned into an hour. and hour after hour she waited. just to eat dinner with her boyfriend.

she sent him text after text.

jaehwa : tae i'm at the diner.

jaehwa : i'll be waiting here.

jaehwa : are you coming?

jaehwa : i'm still here.

jaehwa : text me when you get here.

jaehwa : can you at least answer?!

jaehwa : hello??

and after 4 hours of sitting in a booth made for two, she left. tears running down her face.

she rushed back to the apartment and saw her boyfriend still focused on his paper, phone sitting right beside him.

"taehyung, we need to talk.", she started.

"what's wrong. you never call me 'taehyung'.", he still never looked up.

"i waited 4 whole hours for you.", she said angry.

"did you at least bring back some food?", he asked focus still on his paper.

"no! i waited for you to get there! i've been so understanding about the whole school thing, but enough's enough! we never do anything together, you can't even go to get dinner with me! and the fact that you're still writing that essay as i'm talking just proves my point...
kim taehyung, we're over.", jaehwa said still crying.

and finally taehyung looked up. he dropped his pen and his expression fell.

"i'll pack my things and be out in an hour.", she said walking towards their once shared bedroom.