//maybe\\

Jimin's POV
i was fuming. how dare that girl take away my one and only brother?

"jimin what happened in there? we heard you yelling...", taehyung rushed up to me.

"nothing.", i quietly said.

"we all know you better than that.. but if you say so.", he said still not convinced.

"hey i'm gonna go, i'll be at the house of you need me.", i ran out.

truth be told i was going back to busan.

i had packed my car earlier today and i wrote everyone a note for when they got back.

i just can't take it here anymore..

everything i see reminds me of her.

a lake, an ailee cd, even a baby. it all brings back memories of her that i'd like to erase.

so i'm going back home. back to where it all started. my roots.

i don't know how long i'll stay. maybe a few weeks, maybe a month, maybe for good.

i hate leaving my best friends like this, but it's the way it has to be until i can forget about her.

the drive was maybe 2 and 1/2 hours and i had to leave before morning traffic hit.

"bye guys.. hope i'll see you soon..", i sighed and hopped in my car.

'no looking back..'

Your POV
    you just sat there for a while, tears continuously streaming down your face.

'you'll always be dead to me..'

that haunting phrase on repeat in your mind.

"knock knock.", someone opened the door.

"jungkook... what's up?", you tried to pull yourself together.

"everyone heard him yelling..", he said looking at the ground.

"oh.. i'm fine kook. it's okay.", you plastered on a fake smile.

"sure you are.", he mumbled.

"come here.", you motioned for him to sit next to your bed.

"it's okay. don't get worked up over all this. the baby is healthy and i'm alive. that's all that matters. you got me?", you said putting your hand on his shoulder.

"yeah. i guess you're right.", he gave in.

"aren't i always?", you flipped your hair.

"whatever.", he let out a chuckle.

"why don't you call the others in. i think they've been waiting a while.", you said gesturing to the door.

he nodded and opened the door for the others to come in.

you guessed he briefed the others on what happened since you didn't get the usual worried questions from them.

~~~~~

everyone was just hanging out, enjoying each others company.

taehyung and chae were wrapped in each others arms watching tv on the couch, yoongi and hoseok were having a debate about baby names, jin was looking up baby room decoration ideas, namjoon was ordering baby shoes online, and jungkook went out to get food.

"so what's going on between you and our kookie?", namjoon asked, eyes glued to his phone.

the room went silent.

"what?", you asked, confused.

"we can all see it.. he likes you. duh.", namjoon said.

"you're very oblivious.", jin agreed.

"me? no way.", you shook your head in disbelief.

"uh. yes way. he told us himself.", hoseok nodded.

"this isn't true. unnie tell me it's not true.", you looked to chae for help.

"sorry not sorry.", she shrugged.

"no.. he can't like me. he's just a friend to me, a brother even. guysss.", you whined.

"ahem.", someone coughed.

everyone had their eyes on the door. mouths wide open.

it was jungkook.

"here's the food. i'll be outside.", he left.

"kook! wait!", you got up from the bed, but got pulled back down by taehyung.

"let him be for a while. his feelings will subside in a few days. for now, don't worry about it.", he said.

"b-b-but."

"listen to tae (y/n)... just this once.", yoongi agreed.

you didn't want to loose jungkook as a friend so you complied, as much as you wanted to go after him.

Jungkook's POV
     i ran. i didn't know where exactly i was going but i knew i needed to get as faraway as possible.

i knew this would happen. everyone tried to tell me but i was too naive to see it.

she won't get over jimin.

that's an outright fact.

i'm just her friend, the brother she never had. that's all i'll ever be.

yet these feelings still linger.

maybe i'll forget.

maybe if i leave she'll be only a memory.

just maybe.