Stars

Louis: “It’s nice out tonight,” he mumbles, tracing patterns across the exposed skin of your hip, laying on the trampoline that has been long abandoned at his old home. You’ll hum in response, leaning your head tiredly on his shoulder, gazing up at the night sky that you haven’t gotten a good look at in a while. “It’s pretty,” he continues, turning with a goofy smile to look you in the eyes, an amused glint in his own, “you’re pretty too”
Harry: “Is it night there? Go outside and look up at the stars,” he’ll say, because he’s tired and lonely and missing his best friend. And you’ll sigh with a tired smile, sitting out on your porch and looking up, just like when you were kids camping out in his backyard. “It’s like we’re right next to each other,” he says unconvincingly, “we’re watching the same stars, just like old times.” He’s tired, it’s obvious, but something’s keeping him up, that’s obvious too, “I miss you”
Niall: “That one’s ours” he exclaims, pointing up at the brightest star in the sky. You’ll chuckle, shaking your head and grabbing onto his outstretched hand. “Absolutely not, every other couple in the world already called that one, how about…” you trail off, gazing around the sky, abundant with stars past the late night fog and the glare of the moon, “that one” he says around the same time as you see it, far out and small, but evident and beautiful as the rest.
Zayn: “I’ve been losing sleep you know,” the voicemail says, his voice sounding weary and breathless, “thinking about you. About us, really. I miss you, a lot, and I keep looking up at the stars, at the sky, hoping for a sign or something that you’re still here, that you’re still with me, but I-” he trails off, watching the stars like he has been for the last few days, “I just miss you, a lot” And he sighs, because you’re never gonna hear this message, the way he’ll never see the way your eyes light up in a way to contest the stars.
Liam: “How do you know all this?” he asks from beside you, an arm draped across the ground behind your head, your tangled hair sprawled messily over his chest, his lips inches away from your temple. And he’ll chuckle when you tell him you were a major astronomy nerd in high school, “a cute one though,” he’ll comment, pressing a kiss below your ear, before giggling again in anticipation of his own words, “tell me more, I love it when you talk astronomical to me”

-----------

Posted by dumblingar