new year's resolutions

posted by ; bringthepaayne

Harry: to spend more time with you. He tells you in the late hours of the night, after you've been in bed for a while, but can't seem to sleep. "I want to be here more," he says, twining his fingers in your hair. "I want to wake up with you every morning no matter what and I want to make you breakfast and tell you I love you and I don't want to have to do it through a phone. It's not fair to you, to have this absent boyfriend that isn't here when you need him." You open your mouth to protest that, but he shushes you. "No, I mean it, love. I want to be the best boyfriend for you, and if it means that I have to glue myself to you, then so be it."

Liam: to start a family. It almost makes you cry, because it's not something you two have talked about yet. "I want to have kids with you," he says, and you cover your mouth with your hand. "I want to get a big house with a big front yard that Loki can run around in and I want to make you so happy. But I want kids, baby, with you. A little girl with my hair and your eyes, or a little boy with my eyes and your hair. I'd be happy with anything, just as long as it's with you." He rubs his thumb across the engagement ring on your finger and grins. "But let's get married first, okay?"

Louis: to keep his promises. You're almost confused, but then he explains himself. "I've broken too many promises to you this year, babe," he says, kissing your cheek. "I missed your birthday because of tour, when I promised I'd be there. I missed our anniversary, when I promised we'd go somewhere nice. And I almost missed Christmas, even though I promised you I'd be home a week before to help with everything. But this year will be different. This year, I'm gonna keep every promise I make you, I swear. No matter what, no matter what I have to do, I'm gonna keep my promises."

Niall: to settle down. You're a little shocked, but you go with it. "Ya, I want to settle down," he says almost wistfully, a silly grin on his face. "With you, of course. Ya know, get engaged, maybe even married, get out of his tiny apartment, get a nice house in London or even in Ireland. We don't have to start thinking about kids yet, but I want that too, eventually. I don't want to be all over the place anymore, princess, I wanna be grounded. I wanna be grounded with you. I want to make you happy and have a family and a life with you." He blushes bright red and you want to kiss him. "Only if you want it too, of course."

Zayn: to quit smoking for good. You roll your eyes and shake your head at him, because you've heard this one before. "No, I'm serious!" he cries, pulling on your hands, forcing you to look at him. "I'm gonna quit for good and I'm never gonna pick up another pack." He looks you dead in the eye, beaming. "I'm gonna do this, for myself, and for you, and for the baby." He leans his forehead against yours and puts a hand on your three-month-old bump. "The last thing I want is for you or the baby to be unhealthy because of me. So I'm gonna quit, I promise you."