sleeping

Posted by ; bringthepaayne

Harry: it's the first time you've ever slept in Harry's bed. it's a little awkward, if you're being honest, because you don't know how he sleeps, if he sprawls out across the whole mattress or if he curls into a ball on his side. so you spend the first hour in bed trying to keep yourself to your space, not letting yourself inch close to him, making sure he's asleep before you let yourself get comfortable. but he notices, of course he notices, and slings an arm around your waist, pulling you across the bed and into his chest, keeping you close to him all the way till morning.

Liam: you two are kind of like magnets; no matter what, you always end up together. tonight, you're mad at him; he missed dinner even though he promised he'd be home, and he understands you're upset. he lets you go to bed first and keeps to his side of things when he decides to hit the hay, moving the comforter gently so he won't disturb you. he feels bad for missing dinner, and he's trying to think of a way to make it up to you, his thoughts lulling him to sleep. when you wake up, your back is still to him, but it's pressed against his chest, his arms are around your waist, and he's whispering "I'm sorry".

Louis: it's a little funny, because you tend to swim in your sleep. you move around like a fish out of water, flopping this way and that on the mattress. the first time it happened, he thought it was because his being there made you uncomfortable, so he slept on your couch and sent you into a panic the next morning when you woke up to find him gone. now, he's used to it. he either lets you go to sleep a good hour before he does, or he sleeps literally on top of you, pinning you into the mattress so you have no choice but to wrap your arms around him and let him put his head on your chest, breathing into your skin, not letting you go until it's morning and you've had enough sleep, the two of you smiling groggily at each other.

Niall: it's crowded. your newborn son hasn't grown accustomed to his crib just yet, and Niall's such a pushover when it comes to his little guy that the baby sleeps on someone's chest, or between the two of you. this, of course, means that Niall gets no sleep whatsoever during the night, wide awake and paranoid that one of you will roll over and crush the little guy. you assure him that would never happen, that your mother-spidey-senses warn you about stuff like that, but he's still stays awake, soothing his son when he wakes in the night. come morning, once your baby boy has been fed and changed and is ready for his first nap of the day, Niall is more than happy to put him down, letting his son sleep on his chest while he catches some zzz's of his own.

Zayn: the better question is, where don't you sleep? Zayn's such a napper as it is, and so are you, making you two the perfect couple. he falls asleep literally anywhere, and you're more than happy to fall asleep right next to him, even on top of him. there are countless pictures of the two of you sleeping; in the airport waiting for your flights home, that one day when you surprised him at the studio and then you two napped on the couch, at Harry's, Zayn sprawled across his couch and you tucked into his side. you two like to sleep, and if anyone ever asks, he swears up and down that he gets the best sleep of his life when he's with you.