Chapter 2

Amy.

"Why must you continue to run you're fucking mouth?!" I screamed as I flung open my bedroom door to reveal my stupid cousin across the hall in her room, still running her mouth about the events that occurred earlier. "I've stopped listening already!"

"No bad, you'll have to listen to my voice until you give in!" she shouted back as I rolled my eyes and with a flick of my right wrist I flung my door shut.

"Son of a bitch!" I moaned as I threw more clothes in my trunk, hearing her run her mouth about everyone I knew, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and I froze when she brought up Nicole Black.

My best mate, if you hadn't guessed.

I took a deep breath and heard Nicole's voice in the back of my head from the pervious year, when I was close to beating my cousin's ass for spreading a rumor, that was totally false, something about how I liked some guy, Derrick.

She ain't worth it!

I sighed and clicked my trunk closed as I heard Pansy's parents yelling at her from below. They were trying to silence their daughter, but it would take a lot more than just yelling to silence a pig.

I finally took a deep breath, once more and opened my door and beckoned her into my room. She followed me into the room and over to my closet.

"You're family," I stated as I began to flip through my closet. "you're blood," I continued, looking on the other side of the closet and glanced to see Pansy with a nasty smirk on her face leaning against the doorway, triumphantly.  "that doesn't mean I can't kill you."

"You love me too much." she slung back as she glanced up at the shelves and saw all my shoes and with a Slytherin grin on her face, she opened her mouth to say something, but I flung the red dress she had been fighting for me for, for the last four hours.

"You're only getting the dress, you can get the shoes by your own damn self. Bitch!" I spat, shoving her out of my closet and closing the doors. "Are you even packed for Hogwarts?"

"Why are you concerned?" she smirked back at me from my doorway. "Uh, Amy..."

"What?!" I gasped, looking at her from my bathroom now, finishing my makeup and hair.

"...you're still friends with Black, aren't you?" she questioned, as I noticed she crossed her arms across her chest and flinched when she scratched her left arm. That could only mean one thing, I didn't move, or say anything, I just shrugged. "What does that mean?" she asked rudely, stepping more into the room.

"I am, but i'm not. I mean, we talk, but we're not best mates." I lied, but I knew very well why I was lying. The Deatheaters would be after her, considering her past. Her past is why she was protected by the Order. I had to protect her, at all cost.

Now that the Deatheaters had taken my parents as well, I was stuck with my uncles family and his annoying daughter, Pansy. All were Slytherins, but me.

I'm a Gryffindor.

I frowned at that thought, I was a Gryffindor with Deatheating in my blood, and I shook my head at what lied ahead for me this year. I couldn't go through with it...I couldn't let Nicole in on this secret of mine, she would kill me if she knew...I shoved those thoughts out of my head and glanced over at my parents picture.

Would they be proud of where I am now?

I hadn't even had time to write to Nicole to tell her about my parents being murdered, but knew the Deatheater that actually committed the murder, no one knew.  Which I seriously doubted. I was now in the same boat as Nicole, but I wasn't protected.

I was living the enemy.

"Are you lying to me?" she asked, moving back toward the door. "Because if I find out otherwise, I could easily change your alliances." she rose her eyebrows and titled her head to her left.

I rolled my eyes and stomped over to the door and with a shove, she was flung back into her room and my door was slammed in her face.

"I have to warn her..." I muttered as I grabbed my trunk and double checked my trunk and my room. This was going to be an interesting year. Everything had changed for me, I wonder if Nicole had any changes, I would know by the time we were on the train.  "...god, if there is a god, help us."