Chapter 15

Nicole.

I wrapped my hand in toilet paper and then some thick paper towels I found in the bathroom. I made sure I waved my wand, for the mirror would un-shatter itself. When I opened the door and turned a corner I heard a huge thud in the classroom right across the corridor.

"AMY!?"

I jumped when I noticed exactly who it was. It was apparently Amy and Elena fighting or having a rather loud conversation, I leaned against the wall right outside the doors and glanced up the corridor and saw no one was there. Everyone was still at Breakfast. I heard more of the conversation;

"What!?" Amy screamed back "I almost killed my best mate - "

"- that's your FUCKING JOB!?" Elena shouted back.

My eyes widened and my heart dropped. My best mate, was trying to kill me. I felt some tears prick my eyes as I felt my heart scream to run away, but my head said to stay and hear more, that I deserved a explanation.

 "Look, Voldy assigned me to you, because he knew you were weak -" came Elena's voice, but Amy interrupted once more.

They were rude to each other.

"- weak!?" Amy screamed and I heard someone stumble, so I assumed she shoved Elena back. "I'm not fucking weak. I'm not meant for this shit!"

"Obviously you are, or he wouldn't have branded you!?" Elena pointed out.

I froze, Amy was a fucking deatheater. A Gryffindor...deatheater.

She was assigned to kill me, that would explain a lot. Her withdrawal, her actions around me, the way she has been all year so far. Its only a few weeks in.

My heart screamed once more to run, but I stayed, I needed more information, I was still pissed that Amy didn't bother to tell me, I mean I told her, or let her read, the scroll - I froze.

The minister most have put a spell on the scroll, deatheaters can only read so much. My jaw dropped at that thought. This shit is getting real, and real quick.

"You don't understand this..." I  heard Amy whimpering, throwing a chair across the room."...my parents -" I heard Amy start to cry and I assumed Elena was attempting to comfort her, because everything clamed down rather quickly. "- were murdered by a deatheater."

I sighed, out loud, maybe a little too loud, but I didn't hear anyone moving the room, so I was still safe, with another glance down the corridor, I was still clear.

"I was branded because I'm living with my cousin, Pansy, and their entire side of the family is on his side. Its the only way I could've survived...I had to...I had no choice -" came Amy's explanation, even thought she was interrupted by Elena, I was feeling slightly guilty for being so pissed.

It wasn't Amy's fault.

" - if you were forced into this...why didn't you tell me...?" asked Elena, as I whipped some tears away of my own and listened harder. "Well?"

"Because you were branded out of choice, Nicole..." I felt my heart drop even more, was she about to blow my cover? My eyes widened and drew my wand, I was about to protect my place at the Order, but I froze when I heard Amy question Elena. "...can I trust you?"

I didn't hear anything, but footsteps, and that made me nervous, but when I heard Amy's voice, my nerves clamed their selves.

"What?" Amy shot at Elena.

"No one has ever asked me that question before, is all." I titled my head to left, Elena had rough past of her, no one had ever trusted her, apparently never gave her the opportunity to show that she can be a strong person, I mean I know that's a lot just by ease dropping, but if what I thought wasn't true, she wouldn't be whimpering as she spoke this next sentence.  "You wanna know why I joined...?"