Chapter 19

Elena.

A/N : Miss Elena ( xonceuponatimex ) sent me this and I thought it was gorgeous and it sums it up for all three of our main characters :D I love it and she has all the credit :)

"What have you been so happy about lately?" asked Amy as we entered the courtyard to head to Care For Magical Creatures.

"I just have secrets..." I winked, as she just shrugged and her gaze dropped back down to that depressing look she had had for a few days now. "...why are you so sad lately?"

"Like you care, we're just partners remember?" asked Amy, and I was about to take offense to that question, but judging by her facial expression, she didn't mean anything by it really.

"Well, I've, uh -" I swallowed hard and stopped walking when Amy did. She looked at me with curiosity as I choked up some words that I never thought I would say, " - I've grown to like you Amy, and surprisingly I've also grown to like Nicole too, but we're all in three different pages so it wouldn't work -" I shrugged, and was cut off by Amy's whimpering.

" - We're not friends anymore." she shot out, as my eyes widened. I had to admit I hadn't seen them around each other for a few days, but I knew why, but it became apparent that Amy had no clue why. Or at least she had an idea, but it was a lie that Nicole had planted in her head. "She was upset that I wasn't going for the guy I like, Ron...that I was going for his best mate, Harry and that you were influencing me and basically, she couldn't stand the fact that we were drifting apart."

I nodded slightly, before Amy could look up that is, Nicole did have a point. They were drifting apart, but with Nicole being part of The Order, she was doing a hell of a job of distracting the deatheater that was suppose to be distracting Potter.

"Well," I sighed, fixing to give my first real friendly advice to Amy. "give her some time, she'll come around. Lets head to class alright?"

Amy, with a slight nod, headed off along by my side to Care For Magical Creatures.

The next few days, or weeks they were running together for me, with all the homework assignments and projects, went by in a blur, a very slow...long...blur.

"You excited?" I asked, nudging Amy as she joined me in the corridor and we headed toward the Great Hall for breakfast.

"For what?" she rose and eyebrow at my excitement.

"Hogsmeade, no classes, just fun!" I said, sliding my wand out and making glitter fall from the time over top of the both of us, making the both of us giggle.

"You have been more friendly lately than I have ever seen you." Amy grinned, wrapping her arm around my neck as we entered the Great Hall. "I'm going to talk to Nicole...see you at Hogsmeade."

I nodded watching her sit down beside of Nicole and they began to talk. My gaze drifted from them to my cousin and Draco. I slide into the seat beside of Pansy and beside of Derrick.

"Oh hello cousin of mine!" grinned Blasie, as I noticed his gaze drift over my shoulder and then back to my eyes. I knew who he was looking at, but saving him the embarrassment, I chose not to call him out on it.

"Um, hello!" I smiled, rising an eyebrow. "Whats up?"

"Derrick, mate, don't you have something to ask her..." grinned Draco, flashing me a teasing smirk.

One thought crossed my mind;

Derrick was going to ask me to Hogsmeade, this late?

I shook my head, and before he Derrick could swallow his sandwich and open his mouth to ask, I nodded and smiled, "Sure! I'd love to go to Hogsmeade with you, Darlin'"

Derrick suddenly blushed a bright red and continued to eat and nod triumphantly.

"Now, I've got one question for this..." I asked, pointing at Derrick, but my eyes were on Blasie, who rose some eyebrows. "...why are you cool with this...but not cool with that..?" I said, flashing my eyes over at Draco.

"Just different." He simply stated.

I rolled my eyes as I grinned over at Derrick and then flashed a grin at Draco's smirk, which had disappeared.

Jealousy?

"So, whats your plans for Hogsmeade?" I asked, as Pansy, Blasie and Draco all shot me a curious look. "What?" I yelped, swallowing some food.

"Why are you so happy...curious...?" asked Draco, rising an eyebrow and exchanging curious looks with Blasie.

"Can I not be in a good mood?" I asked, slamming my sandwich. I looked over at Derrick and groaned, "I'll wait for you in the entrance hall." with that I stomped out of the Great Hall.

"Miss Zambini!" came a familiar voice, I had leaned against the wall outside the Great Hall and I looked down the corridor in the direction that the voice came from and there came the one and only Snape.

"Yes sir?" I asked, automatically kicking myself off the wall and straightening out my white and blue plaid shirt and glancing down at my green chuck taylors and black skinny jeans.

"How is everything going...?" He asked, looking around once he stopped in front of me. He rose and eyebrow to indicate what he was talking about.

"Which part?" I asked, giggling slightly. His frown never scared me like it did Blasie, Pansy, Derrick and Dracos. It was amusing to me.

"All." He huffed, crossing his arms.

"Well, I'm doing my best to assist Amy, but she is having issues going through with her mission, considering they have been friends forever, Blasie is trying to assist Draco, but Draco keeps putting off the whole cupboard thing, and Pansy and Derrick isn't exactly being helpful neither." I simply stated, crossing my arms this time. "I'm not your follow up person, you know?"

"I know, but I can't seem to get the others alone...find a way to push all this forward, its November for crying out loud. The END of November." He spat, as she slide past me and into the Great Hall.

"Aint my issue, that the others aren't doing their job." I muttered as I felt someone take my wrist and I noticed that a lot of the students were leaving the Great Hall. "Hey!" I giggled.

"Lets go, I've got some plans for us." smiled Derrick as he lead the way out.

I just grinned, for some odd reason, everything seemed lighter, brighter sense the whole Draco confession thing, and how I knew about Nicole.

I felt in control...that's a good thing!