Chapter 3

Nicole.

I shoved my trunk into the man's stomach as I pulled myself onto the train, still fuming from the Minister's attitude and Lupin's words, which melted into my head. I flipped my hair out of my face and glanced out of my window to see Pansy Parkinson and I smirked.

I couldn't stand her.

My eyes widened when Amy appeared right beside of her, and her parents were absent, but Pansy's parents looked more than happy to escort her. I bit my lip and pinched my face with disgust as I attempted to figure out what happened with that situation.

I sighed and let Amy find me, she was pretty good with that kind of things. I let my hand fall on top of my bag that had the scroll in it. I felt the shape of it and pulled it out and looked at the off-white color parchment and the dark blue ribbon that was tied around it. The blue reminded me of Ravenclaw blue, the dark shade that is.

I rose an eyebrow curiously at the parchment that teased itself in front of me. I found a part of me could hardly wait to read it, but the other part dreaded the very pull of the ribbon to open it, with I sight I hid it from sight when Harry and Ron slide through the door.

"Morning Black!" greeted Harry, with a bright smile on his face. Ron just nodded in my direction and all i could do was just nodd back at the pair. "Have a nice summer holiday?"

"Sure." I shrugged, suddenly remember when he was brought to the shack i lived in just last year, along with Ron and his family, and lets not forget Hermione. "Training. Eating. Sleeping. The normal stuff."

"Well, i hope this year goes better than last year." Ron stated, as Hermione entered the compartment with an odd eye on Ron. With him noticiing he grunted, "What?"

"You just have a way of jinxing yourself." Hermione rolled her eyes as i heard i overgrown sigh from outside the compartment.

"You'll end up going through with it, i'm telling you..." came Pansy's voice as she smiled back at her cousin, who was just glarring back at her. "...see you!"

"Amy!?" gasped Ron, with his eyes lighting up as she entered the compartment as well. "You alright?" he questioned, looking after Pansy as he rose to his feet to take her bags.

Hermione and myself exchanged looks with a slight grin playing on our lips as Harry just rolled his eyes. Amy just sighed and fell into the seat between myself and Hermione.

"Everything okay?" I questioned, nudging my best mate.

"Actually, no." she stated, swallowing hard.

"Yeah?" I smirked as i sighed as i crossed my arms across my chest. "Everything isn't okay with me either. Whats going on with you?"

"My parents.." she swallowed hard once more. "..are gone."

"Where did they go?" questioned Ron, and i couldn't help, but send him a shut-up type look, as Amy continued. Her eyes looked as if she had been crying, but i could tell she had been in a depression whole for quite a while.

"They were murdered..." she blured out, her eyes shooting over into mine. "...no one knows who did it, how it happened, but now i'm stuck living with Pansy and my uncle."

"What!?" gasped Hermione and Harry in unison.

"What the hell?" blurted Ron, crossing his arms and sitting back in his seat as the train began to pull forward.

Amy flung her head into my chest and began to let the tears flow down her cheeks, it was the first time the Golden Trio had seen her cry, but not me. When we finally became best mates in our thrid year, she had a lot of stuff going on in her life and she finally let me in on it and she broke down on me, literally on me, just like she is at the present moment.

I wrapped my arms around her and let her tears stain my shirt. I rubbed her back to calm her as i motioned for Ron to buy some candy when the trolly past.

"Well if it makes you feel better Amy," started Hermione as she pointed from Harry to myself. "you're not alone as far as having parents murdered."

"Hermione!" gasped Harry.

I just rolled her eyes. "Harry, she is just trying to make Amy feel better, dork!"

Amy grinned at my insult and leaned back upright and whipped her eyes. I sighed as i looked at her face with sympathy.

"The only difference between us now," she started as she motioned between myself and her. "is that you have the protection of the Order and i'm living with Deatheaters." her eyes widened as if she had said too much.

Harry and Ron gasped, as Ron rentered the room with two handfulls of candy.

With a roll of her eyes, Hermione sighed, "Does it really surprise you? Honestly?"

"No." I simply stated as they all looked at me. "What?" i glanced from them, back to Amy. "You can come with me for Christmas."

"Where are you going?" she questioned, as Ron handed her some candy, and the rest went to Hermione and myself, i just past it to Harry who was delighted.

"No clue, but we'll find out." I shrugged. I looked from one to the other in the compartment. I had a tug on my toughe to tell them about the scroll, about the MInister, everything. It was just somnething my head and my heart, told me to keep my mouth shut and the Minister's words..

...no one must know...