Chapter 28

Elena.

"TAP! TAP! TAP!"

My eyes flung open and I practically trampled Nicole, waking her up in the process, and about fell on my face finally freeing my foot from Nicole's blanket and made it to the window to let in an owl.

"Please, please, please -" I whispered as I fed the owl and let it fly out of the window as Nicole slung a pillow at the back of my head.

" - Really El?!" she gasped as she flung a pillow on top of her head. "I'm so fucking tired!"

I just giggled as I unfolded a letter and I almost screamed, but what I did do was wake everyone up. I squealed and jumped up and down, clapping. I frowned, once I realized what I had done and turned from the window and picked up Nicole's pillow and flung it at Amy, who whimpered.

"What!?" she whimpered, rising up from her slumber rather quickly, as Hermione and Ginny jumped out of bed as well.

'You let me be girly again!" I spat, stomping back to my bed and cover my legs up as I unfolded the parchment once more. "I got a letter from my other half - "

" - and you woke us up for that?" asked Ginny, falling back and letting her body flop on her bed. I just giggled at that scene.

"Who is it from?" asked Hermione, rising to her feet and rubbing her bed head.

"No one." gasped myself and Nicole in unison, although Nicole's voice was muffled under her pillow, she was still attempting to shield her face from the sun.

"Okay...?" Hermione rose and eyebrow at both of us as Amy crossed her arms and shook her head. "I'm off to see whats for breakfast, come Ginny?" she asked, rising to her feet and opened the door, and letting Ginny leave first.

"Its from Draco!?' I squealed once the door was shut and I knew they were a few feet down the corridor. "His letter says..." I began to read and my voice trailed off.

Nicole eventually resurfaced from her pillows and Amy moved from her bed to beside me on my blanket, and Nicole just leaned over and balanced herself between our two beds. My eyes faded slightly as I read the curve of each word.

"...says what?" asked Nicole, changing positions and I just sitting beside of me.

"He says his parents have arranged a deatheater meeting tonight and he over heard Snape and them talking that if..." I swallowed hard as I looked over at Amy. "...we're not there, we'll be new targets."

"Oh shit." gulped Amy, as Nicole rose to her feet and sighed. "What are we going to do? Show up and say that we haven't been doing neither of our missions?"

I continued to scan the rest of the letter as Amy and Nicole continued their conversation.

I really miss you El, I can't believe we haven't gotten together before hand. You've got to know though, we can't exactly go public with this, just yet, considering you're a little younger and Blasie's cousin. I will warn you about this as well, someone was saying that our parents might be arranging marriages. So fair warning to spare your emotions. Blasie said he'd write Nicole about some things, so give her a heads up. I hope all is well at the Blood Traitors home. Sorry, I'm still getting use to this whole...good guys mixed with bad guys thing. I hope all is well and know that my heart longs for you.

yours truly, deeply,

D

My heart melted with this letter, I couldn't help, but hug it then I folded it back up and placed it in one of my bags. I smiled down at the bag as I looked up and I tuned back in to Amy and Nicole's conversation.