Chapter 10

Amy.

"Are you sure this is a good idea...I mean Harry and them are suspicious and we both have a pretty good idea that he's a Deatheater?" I asked, sitting uncomfortably on Nicole's bed. it was Friday night and she had detention for the first time in her entire Hogwarts career.

And she was attempting to look her best, she had just explained her idea on how to get close to Draco.

It was brilliant, good angle to go in from, but that left me with a choice of whether or not to tell Draco about her plan.

"I know the risk Amy, I have to do this...in order to keep my place at the Black house." she sighed as she dropped into her chair and began to play with her hair.

I frowned when I noticed hand traveling from the hairbrush to a picture of her father.

I flinched when the memory flooded my mind;

PLOP!

that was when two voices filled the room in unison, I glanced from the deatheater I had my wand pointed to and over to Professor Lupin grabbing Harry, trying to hold him back from something.

I looked over to see Sirius Black on the ground and that's when I flung a spell at the deatheater before me and grabbed Nicole as she attempted to run over to her father, that she didn't even get to know.

I wrapped my arms around her, feeling her body struggle to breathe through the tears and I could hear her screams and cries for her father to get up, I just released her when Lupin lost his grip and Harry ran over to him.

"You remember...?" she started and I heard her choke and I just nodded silently. "You know he wanted Harry and I move in with him last year, you know we would've moved in with him around three years ago...he had to go into hiding."

I nodded, not looking her directly in the eyes.

"Good thing Harry and I didn't hook up that year right?" she giggled, turning away from the mirror, her hair falling into a gentle curls and waves and her makeup on and looking pretty good. "So, how do you think this will go?" she questioned, when I didn't have a response to her first question.

"It could go good, but it could end in disaster." I answered, as I watched her shrug and turn back to the mirror and fixed her hair quickly. "I know though," I nodded to her silent answer.

"I have to do this." She shrugged once more before waving me goodbye and leaving the room to go to her detention. That was when I heard a knock on the door, it wasn't my dorm, no, but it was best mates and I had to protect her anyway I could right?

"Hello?" I sighed into the door as I pulled it to the ajar position.

"Hey! Can I come in?" questioned Elena, glancing around the door and then down the hall. I waved her in, thinking it wasn't a good idea, with it not being my dorm, it was a worse idea. "Whose dorm is this? Miss Blacks?"

I found myself nodding before I could protest.

"Perfect," she smiled, pulling a ferret out of her bag and I jumped back against the door, almost screaming. "what?" she questioned, looking as if she was truly confused at my reaction.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I gasped, as I watched the creature squirm in her grip.

"Well, honestly Parkinson," she started, turning to the room and letting the creature lose into the room. "you have to get a head start on your mission, or you'll never do it." she smirked. "With the three of us being partners in class, that makes my job a lot easier."

I just shook my head and frowned, that's when Elena finally showed me a part of her that I didn't know existed.

"Listen, I know what you're going through. Its hard." she stated, stepping up to me and placing her hand on my shoulder. "Trust me though, its for the best." with that she went to leave, but stopped with hand on the doorknob after I stepped out of her way. "Where is the girl anyway?"

"Detention with Malfoy." I muttered, as I followed her out and down the stairs and through the common room, getting weird looks for the others, that's when Elena turned to say something, but she ran right into someone and that made her scream.

"I'm terribly sorry." muttered Ron, as I gazed between her and Ron. My eye sight, oddly, landed on Harry, who was shooting me some sparkle from his eyes. I couldn't help, but flush pink.

"Watch it will you?" Elena gasped, shoving him. "Getting your Gryffindor Weasl Bee germs on me." she spat, acting as if she was whipping off dirt off her robes. "Watch it alright?"

Ron froze and slowly shrugged, as Elena grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the common room, I looked back and waved at the two and disappeared out of sight.

That's when it crossed my mind.

I have to get close to Harry, maybe I can do it the same way Nicole is doing her mission...?