Chapter 1: Easy Times

What had D.J. gotten himself into a few weeks ago was only the beginning of what was going to come next. D.J. had suffered something that would scare him for life but only be the start of his pain as well. He still had a few things buzzing in his head as well. The big guy he faced earlier actually wasn't involved in the accident that gave him his powers.

When the accident hit, his sister said something that still didn't make sense. He was told that both families loved him. He couldn't make it out. There was so many theories going through his head.

The day started out good. D.J. was flying over the city. Buildings passed by as a few birds flew by and he was feeling quite good even what had happened. He did a few rolls easily and kept an eye on the cars down below. Nothing was happening.

Traffic was busy and a ton of people were walking on the sidewalk. D.J. finally noticed an open sidewalk some guy that was in a black hoodie running away with a blue purse in his arms. He chuckled a bit and flew down slowly. He wanted to see where this guy was going to hide.

The dude was pushing his way through crowds of people and nobody tried to stop him because no one could hear the woman scream at him until it was too late. Eventually he reached a dark ally way and hid behind a dumpster. D.J. watched from a distance and not one person saw him. D.J. was actually quite surprised that no one did.

The woman finally came to the ally way and was crying. She really wanted her purse. After a moment of staring into the ally way, she turned around and scanned the area. She wiped the tears away and walked for the nearby bus stop. D.J. knew this was the perfect time to retrieve the purse.

D.J. flew over the street and into the ally way and found the guy digging into the woman's purse. He chuckled a bit and floated onto the top of it. The guy stopped frozen. He slowly turned around and jumped a bit. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at Don with quick reflexes.

"That's not yours and you're gonna pay." D.J. said as he jumped down from the dumpster. "I really don't understand why you gangsters continue to do this kind of stuff. You should know karma is going to bite you in the ass later on in life."

Having super speed, D.J. quickly used his right hand to lower the gun into the corner of the dumpster. The man pulled the trigger by that time and D.J. punched him into the stomach, making him cough up blood. The purse was missing something. A wallet, which Don found in the mans hoodie pocket.

D.J. picked up the man and collected the stolen stuff and flew to the bus stop. It was about to leave when D.J. arrived. The woman was just about to get on when she saw some people gasp in shock in the corner of her eye. She turned around to see D.J. floating and the man holding his stomach on the ground.

D.J. slowly floated down to her and when he touched the cement, he was almost level with the woman. She was just a bit taller. He handed out her purse and she grabbed it, unsure whether or not to trust this "hero". When she had it in her hands, D.J. turned around and was about to fly off, but the woman spoke up through all the murmuring.

"Wait! What's your name?" She asked curiously.

"Don't you people ever read the news papers or watch the news?" D.J. responded.

Another voice, a black woman, spoke up too and said, "We wanna hear it from your voice. Not theirs."

D.J. hesitated. Then spoke in a deep voice. "My name... is Stun-Man. Spread the name."

Stun-Man flew off with the blink of an eye.