Chapter 46: Date

D.J. had to take a bus to arrive there. It was almost 4 by the time he got. To his surprise, Cristy was at the bus stop waiting for him. Waiting for a beat down from her, he braced himself.

He stepped off the bus and she immediately covered her mouth in a sharp gasp. He limped towards her, and when he reached her, she lightly laid her hand the center of his chest then carefully hugged him.

After a while of explaining to her of the "car crash" and how he was alright, she calmed down. She brought​ him into her house. For the first time, he saw her family, although they weren't actually related.

"This is my sister, Marraneth. She's a brat." Cristy said rolling her eyes.

The little girl, blond hair reaching her barely past her shoulders, looked like she was only in sixth grade. Her face was covered in freckles. She punched Cristy then looked up at D.J.

"You're big." She said.

"And you're mean." D.J. said immediately.

"It's my job." She said cheerfully as she skipped away.

Cristy stood up straight and mumbled something under her breath. "Come on. I want you to meet my mom. My dad's not here, so you'll be fine."

D.J. nodded, preparing himself. They walked into the kitchen and there was a woman barely taller than Cristy herself. Her hair was a mix of brown and blond. She turned around to see the two.

"Oh my! What happened to you?" She said staring at D.J.

"I was in a car accident... I'll... Be fine." He said hesitating as she circled him, studying him. "Wow... That must have been some reck. Was your family okay?"

"Uh, yeah... They were fine."

"Oh good. Where are my manners. My name's Dorothy. And you are?"

"Don James. But you can just call me D.J."

"Well, it was nice meeting you." She walked over to Cristy and whispered something into her ears. Cristy gasped as her mother started giggling.

Cristy then grabbed D.J. and was basically dragging him upstairs. After a bit, D.J. found himself sitting on top of the roof.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" D.J. asked her. The view to see most of the neighborhood was actually beautiful. Even though D.J. flew over the city basically daily, he never really took the time to take it all in.

"Yes, this is it." Cristy said in a depressed voice.

"Hey... What's wrong?" He said trying to look into her eyes.

"It's just... With everything going on, my parents are thinking of moving. They don't want to be living in a battle ground with all these super people. I don't want to loose you."

"Your not gonna loose me. I promise, we'll never be sperated. As long as you love me, and I love you, we'll be together. I mean, I was literally caught in a war zone, blackmailed, and got into two major car crashes. And I'm STILL in one piece. If you leave, I'll come with you."

"You promise?" She said looking up into his eyes. Her blue eyes sparkled.

"I promise." He wrapped his good arm around her and pulled her in close. Out of all the time the two have known each other, he's never seen her so scared of something. Actually, it was quite the opposite. She was actually usually trying to act all tough.

"I have a question..." D.J. asked.

"What's that?" She asked sitting up.

"When the day you took my blood to go do whatever with it, the nurse said your name was Amber. What was with that?"

"Oh. That's the nickname she gave me. She's my aunt." She said smiling.

"What?!" D.J. was cluster fucked.