Chapter 3: Hacking

The day ended and D.J. had to go to the library now. He was hoping that whoever was blocking his research wasn't blocking him over here. D.J. had flown over the city to make time. He wanted to use every second carefully. He needed to make sure.

When D.J. landed in a dark, dirty, cut off ally way, he made sure no one saw him. He walked casually out of it and into the library. Hundreds of people were there looking at books and on computers. D.J. had some problems looking for one computer himself since all the others were taken.

Row upon row there were seats filled and books and computers filled the oak wood tables as the walls were covered in new and old books. D.J. saw a free computer in the back of the library in the corner. He sat D.J. relieved and began again for the website. He found almost it immediately, but right as he clicked for it, it was blocked.

He gave a grunt of frustration and pushed back his hair. As he slouched in his chair, a voice was heard. "Need help?" said the voice. D.J. looked up and to his surprise, it was Cristy.

"What are you doing here?" D.J. asked in surprise.

"Following you." she said. D.J. turned immediately pale to her response.

"But - but how?" D.J. tried saying.

"I knew what your trying to look for at the computer lab." she said. "Since you couldn't find it there, I knew you would come here, and I was right."

D.J. did a little sigh of relief trying to hide a big sigh. He knew she didn't know why he was worried.

"So what's up?" she asked.

"Well", started D.J. "I am trying to find a important event that happened fourteen years ago and I think I found it."

"But school blocked the website." finished Cristy.

"Yeah. And even here it's blocked." D.J. said frustrated. Cristy got tired of standing and sat down next to him, a little close for his opinion.

"Strange" Cristy stated. "Usually I wouldn't find many websites blocked if it's just research. Let me see."

D.J. slid the computer a bit towards her and she examined the page. Her face went from frustrated to surprised and even more frustrated.

"What the fuck?" she said quietly so no one heard them. "I have never seen this much restriction on a website."

"What do you mean by that?" D.J. asked curiously.

"Well, this only contains information about some random massacre so there shouldn't be any legit reason to block it. But I know how to get passed it."

"What?"

Cristy leaned over to whisper in D.J.s ear.

"I will hack it." D.J. sat back a bit a little weirded out by how she kept that a secret. She continued, "Sit back and watch."

She began typing a bunch of keys very quickly and the screen went into a green screen with letters and words and everything that would put someone into a head ache. She continued typing and she got frustrated very quickly.

"Shit!" She whispered intensely.

"What? You can't do it?" D.J. asked.

"Not by my self I can't!" Cristy answered offended. "If I continue, I'll be caught and it'll take way too long. If I had my partner, we could do this quickly and get through whatever is blocking -" she didn't even finish speaking.

D.J. looked over at the screen and couldn't tell what the problem was until she grabbed his head with both hands and pointed it a little lower towards the screen and pointed at one word.

SWORD

D.J. immediately stared at the word in shock. He hadn't heard or seen that word in a while. The last time he did was after the fight and death with Bones. What the hell were they doing with this website.

"You know these people?" Cristy asked.

"I have a history with the effects of it." D.J. said.

"Same. What did it do to you?" she asked more intently.

D.J. didn't answer. All he did was shake his head not wanting to speak, hoping he could trick her thinking it was too painful to say.

"I get it. Well, I lost my mom and dad to their work a few years ago. They came to me telling me that my parents were caught in the crossfire and it was their fault, the company. I have been trying to find them ever since. They are like ghost."

Cristy took a deep breath. Well, you need to get to this website and I wanna hack them and this is going to help me. I need your help to help you, so..." 

D.J. looked at her puzzled. "Wait." D.J. took a moment to think. "Oh. Shit."