Chapter 14: The Masters Secrets Part One

"You?" D.J. asked astonished. "You did that? You stepped in? Why?"

His mentor started to explain. "That was not your fight. Those guys were never supposed to fight you. They were after me."

"Why?" Asked D.J., his voice cracking up.

"Back, before you were born I was part of something extraordinary. But being me, I had to take the fall of something big to protect the ones I love. They want me back because of my abilities surpassing their own."

"What was-" D.J. tried saying but was sorely interrupted by the master.

"That is non of your concern!" He said as he started to walk around.

D.J. paused for a moment then asked, "What is their abilities?"

The master gave D.J. a strange look and then spoke, "Magic!"

D.J. looked at him with utter confusion. "Magic? That make believe stuff?"

"Oh, it's not make believe. It's real. And it is a lot different from what stories have."

"So its not like Harry Potter?" asked D.J.

"Sort of. Look point being, its real and they have it. They are dangerous and very powerful. I am old. I may not have the power I used to have. I may not have as much control on it as I used to."

"Prove it." D.J. said.

He became mad but the master held out his hand. His gear was mostly off so his hand was bare. "No tech. No machine. Nothing."

D.J. nodded. He closed the hand into a fist slowly then quickly opened it up. In the blink of an eye, his masters hand exploded into flames. He just stood there with no surprise, no struggle and no pain. D.J. looked at it with his heart racing. D.J. couldn't believe it. The hand was fine, as if it was an allusion.

"Don, this is magic. Extreme concentration. To be honest, it is actually similar or has similar things to do with those stories. I will be able defeat those twins by myself but it will be very difficult and long. People will die and in the end, more bad guys will come."

"So we have to work together." D.J. said.

"Yes" said his master. "But there is also something you have to accomplish. To unlock. I will turn you into something you have never dreamed. There are abilities that you never knew you had. Now come on, there is something I need  to show you."