Chapter 22: Their Father

D.J. had spent the entire day racing with the bullet, light, sound, and time. He knew he shouldn't give up. Even if all odds were against him.

He stayed up late at night balancing on a stack of wood upsidedown on his pinky. His master eventually went back to his tent and went to sleep.

D.J. slowly got off the wood and made his way to the fire to keep it alive. He put more wood into it and sat down on the grass. He stared into the fire.

His master was some kind of wizard. He had a hidden lair and finally he knew the two that attacked. The two...

D.J. didn't even get a chance to catch a breath. He felt his body sit bolt up straight and his head faced the sky. He started to see a really bright light.

Then everything went dark. When he was able to see again, there was barely any color. He was standing next to a gray bed, with a women with shaggy black hair, a doctor with torn clothes and bruises, and finally someone in a cloak.

The room was made of stone. The woman gave birth to two children. When they came out, the room darkened and a dark, very intense feeling filled the room.

D.J. spoke up. "Twins."

The doctor croaked, "The DNA from you matches theirs. Even though the magic you said I was inspecting is in them, there is something else."

"What is it?" D.J. said calmly.

"A mutation. Your kids are mutants." The doctor said.

The doctor began to cough. Blood started coming out of his mouth. D.J. raised his hand and closed it tightly while aiming it at the guy. D.J. turned away saying "My children will lay waste to whoever they come across. And only a few will live. That was my vision. That is the future."

D.J. turned toward a mirror and saw a different shaped head then his own. His eyes were glowing dark purple.

D.J. snapped out of his vision. That wasn't him. He was seeing someone else's memories in their eyes.