Chapter 61: Done

It's been two days since the incident. S.W.O.R.D. sent submarines in to get D.J. Sebastian out of the destroyed base. The crystal was gone, although the people weren't really bummed out about it. They weren't expecting it to stay another week anyways. They were apparently attacked the day before and lost all contact with everyone else.

D.J. and Sebastian spent only a day in the infirmary. D.J. didn't have anything broken and had only a few cuts. There were mainly bruises everywhere on his body. Sebastian was in good shape as well. They just needed rest. They slept the whole first day and woke up the next morning.

Now:

D.J. made his way to Cristy's house. He needed to make it up to her about everything. He would say I didn't even see anything go down. Apparently, they took off into the sky before I could limp there. That was going to work... Hopefully.

As he went up to her door, he noticed that it was slightly cracked open. D.J. didn't have any strength left to fight so he was just a normal boy in a cast limping his way in a broken in apartment. The house wasn't trashed and the family was gone. Why would they leave the door open.

"Hehehe, I know, right?" Laughed a voice. It came from the upstairs. Was that Cristy's?

D.J. moved close to the stairs, trying to be as quiet as possible. He didn't want to blow his cover, since this never happened.

"Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself." Another voice said back. It sounded like another guy...

D.J. stopped hesitating and made his way to her door. As he looked through the cracked open door, he saw Cristy sitting on her bed with another guy sitting with her. She was holding his hand while he had his other hand on her thigh.

"I love you so much, and I am never going to let you go." She said to the guy. She said that exact same thing to D.J. earlier.

"I love you too." The guy replied. Then the two kissed. D.J. felt a lump in his throat. This had to happen, too? D.J. stood up, slightly pushing the door open making it creek.

The two jumped and shot their gazes at D.J. who in turn wasn't giving them a look of horror or shock, but exhaustion. He looked tired.

"Don, I - I can explain-" she cried out.

"Don't. Even. Try." D.J. gritted his teeth.

"Shit, this is him? He looks truly fucked up!" The random guy said.

"You." D.J. said turning his gaze towards him. "If I wasn't in this fucking shape, I would have crushed your fucking skull into the edge of a corner."

The guy immediately got up to try to face off with Don, but Cristy held him back.

"No, please. Let's not do this. Don! I'm sorry!" Cristy was beginning to cry as D.J. made his way out of her house.

"Yeah, you better fucking be." D.J. mumbled to himself as he walked out the front door.

Cristy continued to call his name as he walked away, as the random guy stood at her door and crossed his arms. She fell to her knees crying.

D.J. decided to go to Sebastian. They needed to talk and D.J. needed to stop thinking about Cristy immediately.

D.J. found himself going to the hideout first. That's where Sebastian would most likely be.

D.J. walked through the doors and saw Sebastian holding a pen in his mouth.

"Hey, what's up?" D.J. called out.

"Oh, hey Don. How's it going?" Sebastian said immediately putting the pen on the table.

D.J. sighed. "I just found out I was cheated on by Cristy." He took a seat starring out into space.

"That bitch... I'm sorry." Sebastian said sincerely.

"It's fine. My mom actually warned me about it. Guess I should have listened." D.J. layed his head on his fist. "So why'd you call me?"

"I got some news..." Sebastian hesitated as he leaned back in his chair. "I got news that now that the Twins are gone, most of the dangers are retreating in certain areas."

"And just exactly where are those certain areas?"

"Don't know. I know a guy who will help me there, though."

"So wait - you're leaving?!" D.J. said in shock.

"Yeah, I'm leaving. I'm going to go find out where we came from, who we truly are, I'm going to go find US. You're welcome to join me..." Sebastian offered.

"Hmm." D.J. was lost for words, until "No, I'll pass."

Sebastian wasn't too surprised. "Why's that?"

"Well, I already know who I am. I am Don James. I have family here. And who else is supposed to be looking after my dad now? I'm all he has left." D.J. knew he couldn't just abandon him.

"Ah, makes sense." Sebastian got up and so did D.J., Sebastian put a hand on his shoulder. "You're a great kid, Don. It's just sad how others don't see that. Don't stop being good. Be great, yes, but always be good at heart."

D.J. nodded. He never wanted to change. "So when are you leaving and coming back?"

Sebastian sighed. "I'm leaving tomorrow after the funeral. But I have no idea when I'll be back. I may never come back, seeing as how I could die."

"Yeah, well, if there was no threat, it wouldn't be fun, now would it?" D.J. laughed.

The next day D.J. had his friends come with him to the funeral. Sebastian was there as well. Dess was there as well as the clouds started rolling in and raining he had a sour look on his face as if grief had completely taken him over. After D.J.s mom what is buried everyone said their lines and started to leave. Sebastian went to D.J., hugged him, and left for his little adventure. D.J. and Dess were the last ones.

"She would have been proud, if she knew." Dess said.

"So why didn't you tell her?" D.J. said as the two of them looked at the tombstone.

"Because we need you. And she would have stopped you."

There was a pause between the two of them.

"Aren't you even a little bit depressed?" Dess asked as his eyes started to water.

"Of course I am." D.J. said as the rain around them started to clear up. "But mom always try to make all of us smile. She was always so cheerful. She was always so happy and she wanted to share that with us. She wanted us to be happy no matter what happened but now that she's gone, who is there left to do this? We have to be happy now and keep our chins up high, no matter what. The Twins were trying to break me by killing off the ones I loved and if I... If I give up now, they win. So I'll keep smiling and being positive for just a little longer."

D.J. looked up in the sky. One tear called out of his left eye as he smiled. "I'll do it for you, mom."