Chapter 16: Almost Forgot

D.J. didn't prepare much. In fact, his master had dragged him into another training session. He spoke to D.J.s parents about it and they were fine with it.

The two were getting in a taxi when they were leaving and the master asked, "Your not forgetting anything are you?"

"No, why?" D.J. responded.

"I just thought that you were doing something before all this." He said as he loaded the taxi with bags.

"Well, for your information, I'm-" D.J. stopped dead in his tracks. "... Sssssssssssshit. She is going to kill me."

"Thought so."

"I'll be right back!" D.J. yelled as he ran away from the car.

————————

D.J. ran up the steps of a apartment building and before he even touched the door, it flew open and D.J. quickly felt a girl smack his face then tightly hug him.

"You... asshole..." Cristy said as she cried into his right shoulder. "What happened? Where did you go? Why is your face so fucked up? What did you do? Why did you leave me?"

D.J. responded surprised, "I carried you outside and put you where the ambulance would find you. Then I went to go help other people. I kinda forgot to go get you afterwords."

"Okay... What's with the bruises?" Shelly sniffled.

"That's... Another story." D.J. hesitated to say. "Look, Cristy, I'm sorry, I really -". Before he could even finish, Cristy grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him close while lightly touching his cheek.

The two kissed. D.J. felt her lips wet with tears and her tongue force its way in. It only lasted for a couple of seconds.