Chapter 52: Knowledge

D.J. And Sebastian decided that a small break was needed. Sebastian was perfectly fine but D.J. had just gone through a very emotional moment and he felt rather weak for some odd reason. They didn't leave the room. Instead, they sat against one of the metal walls.

"So what was that all supposed to do again?" D.J. said, slumped.

"It was to basically unlock your magic. My dad decided that he needed a way for you to unlock your magic without him. He found a way with me, but since we have only a number of options on our hands, he had to get creative." Sebastian pulled out a juice box. Yes, it was very childish, but something was way better than nothing.

"And did it work?" D.J. said taking one from him.

"Well, yeah. For once, I can actually sense a bit of magic in you. We just have to slowly draw it out. Like I said, there are only certain spells that I'll teach you. The others shouldn't be too important, for you at least." He said taking a sip.

"Well, I do feel something different. Like, a burst of energy. Different from my regular powers, but at the same time, the same."

"How's that?"

D.J. looked up in thought. "I guess... It's a bit hard to explain... But having these two powers are just... God, I have no idea how explain it... Alright, let's say yoooouuuu... Just watched an adventure movie. As you walk out of the theater, you feel energized to go and have your own adventure.

"Now with magic, it... It's a bit different. Let's say your sitting around, bored. And you get this sudden jolt of energy to go and do something, but there's nothing to do. That's what the magic feels like."

Sebastian chuckled. "I read that everyone has their own way of describing their magic. You're okay with yours. But it is quite different, but that's probably because no one in history has ever had powers and magic at the same time."

"... Not even my mom?" D.J. was hesitant to ask.

"For some odd reason", Sebastian looked down. "Your grandfather... Turned off her magic. It doesn't say if it is a metaphor or whatever. That's all it says. And it doesn't say why either. My best guess is -"

"So dark sorcerers wouldn't come for her." D.J. finished his sentence.

"How'd you know there were more of them?" Sebastian asked but he already knew that it was quite obvious.

"It was just easy to think about."

It took Sebastian a minute to realize what D.J. had just said. "Wait! How'd you know your mom had the potential for powers?"

D.J. laughed a little. "So I was right."

"Don..." Sebastian really needed to know how.

"I did the calculations in my head. They day I got my powers. Why me? Every single one of those orbs could have given someone else these powers but it chose me, of all people! Some coincidence, huh? And some of these powers don't make sense, either."

"What do you mean?" Sebastian was curious.

"Let's say some of this did make sense. The orb should have just given me my plasma blast and super strength. Nothing else. But no. I got so much more. Super speed, flight, even a healing factor. A fucking healing factor! Ha! I don't know what kind of science that is, but that should be something born with or a type of mutation sperate from the or all together.

"I know this as well because not only did it mutate my healing but also my brain capacity. I can think faster now than I ever did in my life and I know things I never even learned in school. Fucking college shit. University stuff, Sebastian! Mutation doesn't just give me knowledge! I don't know what does.

"So my best guess is part of my blood line isn't even human. I'm a sorcerer and a monster. And it was just a guess that it came from my mom's side." D.J. was a little irritated, but still composed.

"From what I read, it was your grandfather. No one knows his life story, where he came from or why he just appeared out of nowhere." Sebastian must have read a LOT of files yesterday. "The only person who we know of was your grandmother. That's all I know."

D.J. kinda already figured he wouldn't get much out of Sebastian. Sebastian wasn't his father.

"Anyways, I'm just glad you were able to pull through that spell." Sebastian said with a smile.

D.J. took a sip finishing off his juice. "Why's that?"

"To simply put it, if you didn't pull through, you would have stayed suffering like that for the rest of your life."

D.J. spat out his drink immediately. "YOU FUCKING WHAT, MATE?!?!" D.J. screamed in an accent.

Sebastian laughed out loud. "You can't tell me it was actually bad. The spell increased your feelings for everything dramatically, soooooo. It was a lot worse than what you were expecting. But your would have lost feelings for anything but still would stay watching them. You would have then have had to be put into a crazy asylum."

D.J. didn't say a word for a while. He just glared at Sebastian. Then finally, "Fuck you."

Sebastian laughed some more. D.J. felt mad, but he also felt relieved that he was able to pull through, as well have a good laugh with Sebastian. He couldn't help but join in. After everything, laughing felt nice.