Chapter 29: Retirement

D.J. had a feeling in his stomach the reminded him of Sara's death. He opened his eyes. He saw Bones on one knee with Jakkai standing in front of him.

Using his magic, Jakkai formed an ice spear and firmly planted it through Bones skull. The ghost like monster exploded into tiny crystals.

Wait! Where is Sam?!

D.J. forced his head to turn his head and saw Sam and Angess. They were laying down on the ground exhausted.

Wait! There was two of -

D.J. heard a grunt and an intake of breath. He looked back at Jakkai. His stomach was pierced by an ice blade by Pan.

She said in a cold voice "Your not done yet."

D.J. had anger rushing through his head. His godfather, his mentor, his friend. His fist clenched and his pupils shrunk to a dot. D.J. reached out and grabbed the spike piercing his chest. He slowly, painfully, took himself off the spike. Blood was coming out of him like a fountain. He painfully took a step forward. He stumbled a bit, and was hunched over but eventually made it to Pan. His body was aching.

He backhanded Pan over to Angess who got up again. D.J. put his hand out towards the two as Sam ran over to him and his dying father.

"DIE!!!" D.J. screamed. A blue blast bigger than a bus exploded out of his hands and hit the two, exploding anything and every thing it touched. D.J. screamed as he held it out for several minuets. When he was done, a huge black tar trench replaced the god knows how many miles long street. There was no sign of the two anywhere.

D.J. staggered as blood trickled down the hole in his torso. He slowly stumbled his way to Jakkai, falling to his knees. Sam was on one side holding up his head, D.J. went to the other side.

"You... Couldn't have done... That sooner?" Jakkai struggled to say.

"Well, its not like I loose my godfather everyday." D.J. responded sarcastically.

"There is... Something you both... Need to know... Don... You are adopted... Your mother was a... very powerful witch... Your father was ...one of the worlds best fighters..."

D.J. put his head down. He knew it.

"Sam..."

Sam looked at his father with tears in his eyes.

"Your true name is Sebastian. Your mother... Would have been... Proud of... What you've become... Don... I promised your father I would never let anything happen to your sister and you.. I failed with Sara... I didn't fail with you..." Tears started to fill his eyes. The two boys couldn't tell if it was from the physical pain or emotional. "You... I... I wish I could take away the hell of your life... I am truly sorry for what you have to do... Your true name is... Actually weird... Its... Brilyn... Brilyn Shawn Tokas... Several languages... I... Love you... Both..."

"No, no. Your not dying here. Not now." Sam said. Sebastian said. "You can't die by those two. Please."

"I didn't... Think my retirement was coming this early... Ha... No pay..." Jakkai took out a piece of paper in a hidden pocket. He gave a crumbled up paper to Sebastian. "You... Deserve to... To know the truth... It will have all your questions answers... Flora... I'm... Sorry I couldn't make it to our date... Ha...

Don...

Sebastian...

Live...

I'm so..."

His eyes lost color and meaning. His head became limp and his light grip on Sebastian was sorely released.

"...

...

FATHER!!!

...

..."

Sebastian cried for several days and D.J. did as well.