Chapter 50: Flashback

D.J. took off his cast and walked into the room that Sebastian had apparently trained in for a while. Ice slashed out from the corners. The metal floor and walls were charred. Some of the metal had gashes as if struck by lightning. It looked like a battlefield.

"Jesus Christ!!! Did someone die in here?!" D.J. said bewildered by the sight.

"Nope. It's just training can get really intense if you determine yourself." D.J. could tell from the sight that training was gonna hurt more than anything.

"No kidding..." D.J. was lost for words.

Sebastian clapped his hands together. "Well Don. Let's start."

"What's the first thing we gotta do?" D.J. asked.

"Well first, we have to get you're magic... should I say loose. We have to have you need to use magic more than your powers. And that's gonna be tough. Really tough. Sit."

Sebastian sat with his legs crossed and D.J. did the same.

"I was informed that there are only two ways for someone to break the spell hiding ones magic from deep inside. They can either A: have the one who casted the spell in the first place undue the spell, or the can sacrifice another person's magic to give it to that person's magic."

That might have been what Sebastian did. He might have met up with another sorcerer to unlock his magic. That other sorcerer must have given up their magic in order to undue the spell, since Jakkai is gone.

"But I recently looked over the files my dad left and found out that there is another way for you to unlock yours, Don. Tell me, have you ever had a vision or something similar?" Sebastian had his eyes closed during this.

"Actually, two. The first one was more of..." D.J. still didn't know how to explain it so he did his best. "Bone Crushers life flashed before my eyes instead of his own. It was before I had to kill him. Seeing his past, how his family struggled and why he was forced to do the things he did... I swore never to kill again. Never again."

Sebastian nodded. "Yes. That is a very noble oath to take. Remember that. What was the second thing?"

"The second was more recently. I saw someone else's flashback." D.J. looked at Sebastian, awaiting for some kind of reaction. But he didn't even twitch. He was like a statue. "It. I later on found out that I actually saw the birth of the Twins! I was seeing the birth through the eyes of their father."

This caught Sebastians attention. He opened up his left eye and raised that eyebrow. "How'd that feel?"

The way he asked that question felt more like it was just two kids casually chatting. But D.J. was still scarred by the feeling.

"It felt... Dark... Cold... I could feel the darkness in him. I could feel the wickedness fill the room." D.J. shivered.

"If his children are this powerful then I can only imagine what he is like..." Sebastian turned a bit pale. "Well, we can address that later. Right now we can now get your magic."

"How are we gonna do that?"

"Well, I need to do my own... Thing. But you. You have to go back through your memories. Back to the point where he put the spell on you."

"Will... Will it hurt?" D.J. was a little worried because every time he had a flashback or something similar, it was a good feeling.

"Ooohoh yeah." Sebastian said with a evil grin across his face, opening his left eye for the sentence. "Just let it play out. I know it's gonna hurt, I know how badly you want it to end, but you have to let it flow."

"Okay-" D.J. finally noticed his body was emitting a golden glow.

"Uh oh."

It felt as though someone super punched him right where his heart was. His vision was sucked into darkness. Split second later, he started to have the flashbacks.

He saw himself kissing Cristy while they were in her room. His heart for some odd reason ached seeing it. It went back some more to him laughing with his friends at the bench. His heart hurt more, almost as if he missed them. It went back some more, further. He saw Jakkai and Sebastian with him, laughing at some forgotten memory.

D.J. opened his eyes to see a blurry floor. He was out of breath and his throat stun terribly. He heard Sebastians voice echo in the back of his head. Let it play.

He was forced back into the flashbacks. He saw his parents with him going to the festival. His heart ached for him to be with his family again. He was pushed back some more. He saw himself crying because of what Shelly did to him.

(It wasn't that big of a deal to D.J. that she did that, but the fact that just when he started to feel accepted by others and he felt at home again, she backstabbed him. Of course, everyone laughed at him because they were told to. Even going that low wasn't even funny, they were just told to laugh by the popular girl. Most likely set up by the bully Peter.)

He went back some more and saw himself killing all the intruders without hesitation, almost as if it was a completely different person. His heart hurt some more for shedding someones blood.

He opened his eyes again and his vision got darker. He could feel tears going across his face. Sebastians voice spoke again in his head. Let it flow.

D.J. flew back once more. He saw three things that hurt his heart most. He stared into the eyes of Bone Crusher, Ben, then watched himself kill that pore soul. He was pushed back into seeing the horrible scene of Jakkai being stabbed then dying in the arms of his son. He was then sent back to the final flashback. Something that he wished he had forgotten long ago. Sarah. Falling. The scene he wished he never saw. Never experienced.

He opened his eyes once more to a sight he wasn't expecting. He was sitting in a taxi. He lifted his head and he saw that he was on a bridge. He looked at where his head was laying and saw her. Sarah. She was staring out the same window. She noticed that D.J. was looking up at her.

"Hey there, sleepy head." She said with a smile.