Chapter 54: Cristy

D.J. decided to head to Cristy's place again. There was no reason not to. So D.J. headed there with a good feeling. As he was walking down the street, he got a call. Mom?

He answered. "Uh, hi Mom."

"Hi baby. I heard that you finally want to be picked up. So where do you want to meet?" She said on the line.

"You remember that friend I constantly went to go be with?" D.J. said with an idea.

"Ooh, is it your girlfriend?" D.J. could hear the giggling from the other end of the line.

"Yeah", D.J. admitted. "It is. I'll text you the address."

He did as he said he would do. He texted her the address as he continued to call her. Then after he sent it, he heard a gasp on the other end.

"What's up?" D.J. asked confused.

"You're dating a girl from there?" She hissed.

"Yeah, I am. Why? What's the problem?" D.J. was a bit concerned as to why she was acting like this.

"It's because people who live around that neighborhood are known for doing bad stuff, like drugs, stealing, cheating, even some people went missing."

D.J. sighed. "Look, Mom. I will head straight to her house. You can come pick me up there and we can come straight home. Okay?"

D.J. could hear some grumbling from the other end. "Fine. But please be careful."

"I will, Mom."

"Oh, and Don!" She called for one last thing.

"Yeah?"

"If I get any news that you two did the giggidy, I'm gonna put my foot so far up your ass -"

"I get it, Mom." D.J. about to burst out laughing. "I love you."

"I love you, too." She sounded soft at the very end. "Bye."

"Bye." D.J. ended the call and continued walking to Cristy's​house. He would have flown, but he wanted to take a moment without using his powers.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

After a while he ended back up at Cristy's house. When he walked up the steps, Cristy came out in her pajamas with her arms folded.

"Are you going to where that all day?" D.J. asked.

"Only if I get to stay home with you." She said as she embraced him. "My family's gone again so we won't need to go to the roof."

The two went into the living room and watched TV. "So where do you keep going?" Cristy asked as she layed her head on her shoulder again.

"Well, I had to go to the hospital for medicine and whatnot for the past few days. I'm actually feeling a little better though. My bruises are healing up quite well."

"Good. I don't need a zombie boyfriend. My family would never let me hear the end of it." She closed her eyes a bit.

"Trust me, I know. When I was younger, I went as a zombie for Halloween. I thought that we could dress up in our Halloween costumes at school, and we were mind you, but to my great surprise and suffering, I was the only one." D.J. smiled in grief and embarrassment.

Cristy laughed a bit. "The only one?"

"The only one." D.J. reassured her. "The names they called me. Zombie boy, Dead within Emo, School Eater, it keeps going."

Cristy laughed even more. D.J. then had a thought. Would she accept him if he told her..? He ignored that thought. That was a thought for AFTER the Twins were delt with.

"Well, it eventually ended when I was on my last year of middle school." D.J. finished.

"I wish I could have met you sooner." She snuggled up even closer to him.

"Now that I think about it, you were a lot different back then than how you are now." D.J. realized.

"How's that?" She lifted her head and looked at him in confusion.

"For one thing, you tried to act all macho." D.J. teased.

"Dick."

"Second, if I'm correct, you never really talked to anyone much, did you?" He tilted his head a little bit to look at her.

"Yeah", she looked away in grief. "I didn't want to talk to anyone because I didn't want friends for their drama. I just liked being alone."

"So why be mine?" He wondered.

"I'm not sure. I just... I was attracted to you." She said.

She's lying. D.J. didn't know why he thought that, but he could sense that she was lying.

"I'm just glad I went with my gut and found you." She clung to him once again.

"Yeah... I am too." D.J. slumped down a bit in thought.

"I love you so much, and I am never going to let you." She closed her eyes and was apparently ready to sleep.

D.J. wanted to sleep on those thoughts but then -

Rumble

D.J.s eyes shot up immediately. Cristy jumped up in shock. "What was that?"

D.J. got up quickly and went to the window that faced the direction that he could sense caused the rumble.

"Was it an Earthquake?" She guessed.

D.J. closed his eyes and focused on thar direction. He immediately felt three magical forces. One bright force and two very dark forces.

"No, it's not." D.J. gritted his teeth. The Twins.