Chapter 53: Dual

"Now come on, I need to teach you how to teleport." Sebastian said walking over to the other side of the room.

D.J. was wondering how he was going to do it. He had to get used to using magic and his powers at the same time. But even though the two were separate abilities, D.J. felt like it was actually going to be easy to switch between the two.

"Alrighty, I'm gonna need you to focus really hard on my movements to prove to yourself that I'm not using some kind of super speed." Sebastian called out with his arms crossed.

D.J. didn't know why he had to prove it but focused anyways. He starred directly at Sebastian, waiting patiently. Sebastian closed his eyes, and a split second later, he disappeared into a cloud of grey and blue smoke. D.J. heard a quick poof sound for him leaving, but didn't hear him reappear.

D.J. shook his head. He wasn't all amazed but the thought of him doing it himself, excited him. But... Where did Sebastian go?

"Over here, big guy." A voice called from behind him. D.J. turned around to see Sebastian standing there with a smirk on his face. "Wanna try hitting me now?"

"Oh hell yeah!" D.J. got excited by the challenge. "This is going to be fun!"

Sebastian waved D.J. towards him. "Then bring it."

D.J. smirked. He took one slow step then bolted straight for Sebastian. Even though the poison in him was still effecting him, he was still quite fast. Sebastian almost jumped at the speed but teleported away as D.J. threw a punch at him.

"Wha..?" D.J. asked confused.

"You'll have to try harder than that." Sebastian said a bit further away from D.J.

D.J. grunted as he forced himself back up and darted to him once again. And he did so multiple times. Each one ended with the same outcome. Sebastian teleported away with plenty of time to spare.

"You're a lot slower than you were before. Why is that?" Sebastian finally said.

"You want me to get faster? Fine." D.J. said, a little out of breath. He stood up straight and focused all his power in changing into Mock One. "HaaaaAAAAA!!!"

His muscles shrunk a bit but he could feel the speed escalate dramatically. "Now we get serious!"

Sebastians expression changed. "Then bring it!"

D.J. shot off faster than he originally did. Sebastian was struggling so much to teleport fast enough not to get hit. D.J. didn't know the magic was as fast as he was but somehow it was.

"EeehhAAAAA!!!" D.J. screamed as he continued pushing himself faster and faster. Finally, D.J. pushed himself so hard that his muscles started to sting, and when he looked at them, his skin started to tare and rip by the speed.

When he noticed that, he went all out with one final punch. And he landed it directly on Sebastians chest. Sebastian teleported away as he got punched so when he reappeared, he was knocked back.

"Gah!" He grunted as he fell to the ground.

"Puff... Puff... Puff..." D.J. was completely out of energy. He used all his power to land that single punch. He was extremely slower with the poison in him. If he didn't have any, he would have landed the punch on his first try in Mock One easily. He fell to his knees catching his breath as his healing factor barely had enough strength to heal the cuts. D.J. was forced out of Mock One.

Sebastian rolled to his side and coughed. The punch must have caught him off guard and knocked the wind out of him. He slowly got up. "I was really not expecting that out of you, Don. That surprised me. But now, ungh, how are you feeling?"

"I... I'm out... I need to catch my breath. I'm out of power now." D.J. understood now why they were doing that. It was to have himself run out of his super power and be forced to use his magic power.

The two took another break. "Well, now that we got that done, I'm going to teach you how to teleport." Sebastian helped D.J. to his feet. "Now the trick that I learned is, you want to try focusing on a certain location you want to go, and your distance limit is basically how far you can see."

D.J. felt like he had a huge question mark above his head. "And?"

"Well, this is the tricky part. You have to move without moving."

D.J. sighed. This was confusing, but then again, when is it not?

"Look, I know that this is going to be difficult. I only learned to do it by accident. But I do have an idea. Look over to the door." D.J. did as he was told and looked at the way they came in. "Use the feeling of flying to get there, but at the same time, try just walking there."

D.J. closed his eyes. He focused on those steps. Then, to his surprise, he felt a little vibration all over his body. Sebastian whispered, "My god... Already?"

D.J. couldn't help but feel like he was making progress faster then what Sebastian was hoping for. A few seconds later, "Gah!" D.J. didn't realize that he was holding his breath.

"Breath, Don, Breath." Sebastian started to sound desperate. "Just a little bit more concentration."

D.J. regained his breath and tried again. He kept breathing this time but it wasn't good. His body began feel a bit cold.

"Just relax", Sebastian coached him. "Take it easy."

D.J. took in one final breath and steadied his breathing. He tried one last time and...

He failed. He opened his eyes and saw he didn't get anywhere. "Damn..." He whispered to himself.

"It's fine. I was taught that this stuff takes months, if not years." Sebastian patted him on the shoulder. "I learned it in a couple of days so you should be able to do the same."

"Alright." D.J. said a little depressed as he got up. "Well, I guess we should keep going until -"

A split second later and D.J. found himself at the entrance exactly where he was aiming for. "!"

"Don, you did it!" Sebastian yelled in excitement. "That had to be the fastest timing in history!"

And so as days came to pass, D.J. mastered teleportation. Two days to be exact. He also learned illusions and invisibility, as planned before. But what he couldn't master was cloning. But it didn't matter. He learned what he needed to. His poison finally wore off, but he didn't notice because he never used his actual powers, not once. Just magic.

As Sebastian and him were sitting in the main room with all the monitors, they were letting their bodies rest.

"You know, you'd be a good teacher." D.J. said.

Sebastian smiled. "Maybe. But I'll never be as good as my dad." He looked up at the ceiling, with a smile but you could sense the depression. "He was the best."

"Hm, well, I'm not asking for your father out of you. I'm asking for you out of you."

Sebastian chuckled. "Thanks. Ahem, well anyways, I think you should go home now. I talked to your mom and she's supposed to pick you up this afternoon."

"Really? That gives me enough time to..." D.J. trailed off into thought. He looked over to Sebastian who had a smirk on his face. "Can I..?"

"Do you have your suit underneath your clothes?" Sebastian asked.

D.J. nodded.

"And you're sure your magic is fully restored and so is your regular powers?"

"Positive." D.J. said. The poison was even gone now to so he was fully prepared.

Sebastian nodded. D.J. immediately got up and wrapped some of the bandages on himself again. He was about to leave, but then turned around. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me now, wait till the training comes to good use." Sebastian answered.

D.J. left to go be with Cristy.