Chapter 48: Unlock

D.J. still didn't understand why he was being called for by Sebastian. All he knew was it was happening. D.J. had to fake limp his way to Sebastians apartment. It was still early in the morning, like, really early. The sun was barely rising from over the edge so it was a little dark. D.J. of course flew over most of the distance but he had to hide in an alleyway to start limping his way to the building.

As the street lights began to dim themselves and the sun started to shine greatly upon the city, D.J. made his way into the building. The black fence covering the bushes in front of the entrance​ was slightly bent from old age. The bricks looked old as well, having become grey and loosing it's color.

As he walked up the stairs, Sebastian actually came downstairs himself. "You're here already?"

The two of them hugged each other. Not out of missing each other or having been away for so long, cause seriously, it wasn't that long, but they have both been going through so much lately. It only made sense.

"You did put in the morning." D.J. said shrugging.

"I wasn't expecting this early in the morning, though. Oh well. We're going to the hideout. I changed the entrance to something you won't believe, either." He said brushing past D.J. to continue going down.

D.J. was a little confused. We have so much to talk about and you wanna go there? Oh come on!

D.J. trudged himself along. After walking back outside, the air seemed to have gotten cooler. But... It was in the summer..? Oh well. It was a little foggy as well but it didn't matter. D.J. and Sebastian walked together towards the new entrance. To what D.J. could tell, it was, as you could probably tell, an alleyway. It was less dark and a bit more open, but still people would easily miss it.

"So what's with the casts?" Sebastian asked breaking the silence.

"Gotta put on an act. I -"

"Say no more", Sebastian said cutting him off. "I already get where you're heading with that."

"So where have you put 'it'?" D.J. asked raising an eyebrow.

"What?" Sebastian was confused. "Oh, you mean 'that'! It's right around this corner."

They turned into the alleyway that was mentioned earlier. "Alright, when you enter, don't say a word until I give you the o.k., otherwise​, you won't be allowed in until I clear you from... You know what? Just shut up in there, okay?" Sebastian said as if exhausted.

D.J. nodded accepting the rule. He knows how to be quiet. Sebastian layed his hand against on of the walls, the wall leading in the direction of the building they just came from. D.J. looked back at the entrance of the alleyway. They were actually in a shady area where nobody​ would be able to just see in if they actually tried.

D.J. looked back and Sebastians hand fell into the wall. It looked like the wall was just made out if air. But a second ago it was solid -.

Sebastian completely walked into the wall and disappeared from D.J.. D.J. was completely dumbfounded. Is this... Some kind of magic? Because if it is, it's really cool. D.J. firmly placed his hand on the wall and to his disappointment, it was solid. But after questioning it in his head, he could slowly feel it dissolve in his hand without disappearing.

It became to the point of he couldn't feel it anymore. He cautiously reached into it and he couldn't feel anything on the other side. He stepped completely inside and saw that everything was way cooler in here than it was outside. He saw Sebastian standing in front of him waiting for him to come in. D.J. opened his mouth to say something but Sebastian signalled him to be quiet. D.J. almost screwed up there.

Sebastian was standing in front of a metal door. He said, as if talking to a computer, "Scan."

A blue light, very dim, literally scanned him from top to bottom and back to the top again. The blue light then shined green, D.J. assumed maybe that that indicated him it was okay to go in.

"New member." The green switched to a yellow light now. Sebastian waved D.J. to step forward a bit. D.J. stepped forward. The yellow light scanned him as well now. It felt warm, as though someone faced a small heater his direction.

The light switched to green now. Sebastian now spoke. "Now you can talk."

D.J. looked behind him and noticed that the wall was now transparent. "Is this really the new entrance?" He said turning back to Sebastian.

"Yes, it is. And I spent hours trying to creat it. Although it can still some work, I'd appreciate it if you would cut me some slack." Sebastian said opening the door and stepping inside.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way! Sebastian? Sebastian!" D.J. quickly chased after him. To his surprise, he was already back into the hideout. His eyes widened as he was taken aback by where they were already.

"Crazy, isn't it?" Sebastian said spinning around in a chair. "This is right underneath my apartment building and the entrance is a couple of yards down the street. I would say you teleported in here, but that's actually a spell and not what you just did."

D.J. turned towards Sebastian. "Well, you got my attention now! Why is it you wanted me here in the first place?"

Sebastian grinned. "I wanted to see if you really do have sorcerers blood running through your veins. And the way I just got my answer is you actually being able to warp in here."

"Well, now what?" D.J. asked with way more questions building up in him, but he decided to hold them in for a bit.

"Now, we are going to teach you how to use your magic."