Chapter 19: Morning

D.J. could feel a tight grip on his arms. He opened his eyes and a face immediately jumped at him.

It screamed, "I'M NOT DEAD! YOU CAN'T KILL ME! I WILL GET REVENGE!"

D.J. opened his eyes slowly, heavily. For the first time in a long one, he wasn't sweaty all over, he didn't jump out of bed, or even scream. There was something bad though. The spots where he was scratched and stabbed was aching again. It felt like the first time it happened, like every other time the pain came back.

D.J. didn't remember when he went to sleep or even when he went to his tent. But he woke up in his orange colored tent. When he got out, he saw his mentor meditating a few yards away from the camp cite. D.J. was about to go join him in meditation when D.J. stopped dead in his tracks.

His mentor, still sitting, started to rise a few feet off the ground. He didn't have anything under him and there wasn't any trees around them. Just out in an open field.  His mentor was wearing a tan tight suit that went up to his chin.

D.J. couldn't believe what he was seeing. Was it real? Was this a dream? D.J. took one more step forward and his master floated back down.

"Will I learn that? I can do that with my regular powers but when a regular human does that, there is another technique and I want to learn it." D.J. said.

"No." His mentor said. "Only those with determination and true magic can do it."

"Then what will I learn?" D.J. asked.

"You have a form, a form of speed, and we are going to unlock it. Now, it has a function to make you faster. This form should make you more thin, more skinny, but your speed will be increased. Your strength should stay the same but I'm not so sure about your defense."

"Well, how do we start?" D.J. asked excitedly.

"I am going to use the same spells the two used on you." His mentor said with a grin. He put his hands at his sides and closed his eyes. Wind started to lightly blow around him in a circle, messing with the grass.

He opened his eyes and his chest puffed up like something literally had a really small explosion in him.

"What the fuck?" D.J. said from a regular pitch to a low pitch.

"Well", he said getting in a read position. " Let's get started."

D.J. does the same. We flew directly at each other.