Chapter 44: Feeling Better

D.J. spent one last night at S.W.O.R.D. for more healing. The poison seemed to have been almost completely gone. Now his body needed to heal the other wounds. He slept like a child again.

The next morning Darrell and Aeden were already gone. Probably off to their own mission. D.J. found himself back in the first S.W.O.R.D. base he was in. He met up with his dad when he got back. His dad was pissed at him for running off to fight the other two, but he was also relieved that D.J. would be alright.

Apparently, D.J.s friends really wanted to see him. D.J. was able to walk again, but he was on crutches. He was told that if anyone asked, he got into another car accident. So he agreed.

D.J. didn't know what day it was. He didn't care either. He first went straight home. He would have passed the fuck out when he got there, but he had been sleeping for several days. He had to get out. He had to get out all the energy that built up. So when he got home, he immediately called his friends.

They met at the same place last time. At a bench, etc, etc. It was a bright, sunny day. Everything was cheerful and calm. D.J. had a bit of trouble sitting down with his left leg in a cast as well as his his right arm. But he managed to sit down. Not even five minutes in and he heard a voice call out to him.

This time, Sam was the first to arrive. Not Sebastian. The other Sam. "Well well well, look who we have here?"

"And who's 'we'?" D.J. asked as he moved his crutches so Sam could sit down.

"Jeez, what happened to you? You look like you got hit by a bus." He said examining D.J.

D.J. chuckled. "Close, but no. Car accident."

"You seem to be going places without telling us. Didn't you say you were going on that camping trip?" He asked suspiciously.

"I was! I was literally coming back from it when I got into the crash." D.J. defended himself pretty well against his friends.

Just as he finished that sentence, Tina walked up to the two. "Holy fuck, Don! Did Sam kick your ass again?! I swear, you went overboard this time -"

"I didn't do it!" Sam interrupted, feeling accused.

D.J. backed him up. "Sam didn't do it. I got into a car accident."

"Must have been one damn good reck then." Will said walking up behind Tina. "It's good to see you guys again."

"Wait, you guys haven't been hanging out with each other when I left?" D.J. said, confused.

"Nope. Wouldn't be the same." Sam said, getting up to hug Tina.

"It's been a bunch of family drama for me, man." Will said fist bumping Sam.

"Not surprising. Seems everyone is having that, since so many people are on a rush to leave the city while others are fighting their way in to see one of Stun-Man's fights. Seems the guys got fans. Not surprising, though." Sam said taking his seat while Tina climbed and sat on the back rest of the bench above him, laying her legs on his shoulders.

Will took a seat next to D.J. and pulled out his phone. "I wouldn't be surprised though. The dude is getting close to Spider-Man-type famous."

D.J. disagreed. "No no. He isn't that good. He wouldn't be able to do half the things Spider-Man could do."

"Bet."

"Nerds", Tina interupted.

Sam spoke up. "You know it!" D.J. high-fived him with his good hand.

"Alright, check it. This guy has been patrolling the city and look at the people's response is when they see him." Will handed the phone to Sam so not only he could see, but D.J. and Tina as well.

The video didn't show who was recording, but it did show that the person was jogging through a sidewalk with people's body's blurring their way by. After a couple of seconds of jogging, he met up with a crowd of people looking up at a building. Stories up the building stood someone whering the Stun-Man suit.

D.J.s heart stopped but then remembered that Sebastian could have had another suit like his with him. Maybe he was trying to cover for D.J. while he was gone.

As more people saw him, the crowd started to cheer, clapping their hands and whistling. The very faint figure could barely be seen turning his head at the crowd then jumping off the building and flying higher into the air, disappearing from the cameras and people's view.

D.J. waited for someone to say something. He didn't have to wait long for Will spoke almost immediately.

"That wasn't the only time the dudes been spotted. He's been seen flying around the city at jet speeds. It's almost as if he's looking for something."

"He's probably looking for the person who blew up the buildings. God knows who that was." D.J. said thinking why Sebastian would be looking for them.

"I thought you said you were gone on a camping trip?" Will asked, suspiciously.

"Ever heard of a radio?" Tina asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Who brings a radio with them during camping?" Sam snared.

"Uh, normal people." D.J. said supporting Tina.

Will and Sam looked at each other, then laughed. "What's so funny?" Tina asked.

Will answered her first. "You guys have been doing it wrong."

Sam continued. "You don't get the songs off the radio or the internet or even download it on your phone, you play the music with a good old guitar and the people around you."

"You guys are so weird." D.J. said shaking his head.

"You should know us better than that, Don. That's just what we do."

"It is?!" Tina jokingly screeched.

"Hey!" Sam said straining his neck just to look up at her.