Chapter 38: Hunting

D.J. was tired. His body may have been fully healed, but that didn't​mean his stamina was the same. D.J. was easily flying through the air, but if he sped up, he would have lost the remaining amount of energy he was saving.

His suit was a little torn, but otherwise in good condition. He could still feel the blood soak his mask. The small torn bits of his suit flapped with the wind. He was gracefully drifting through the wind.

D.J. had been keeping an eye on the phone because it was showing a map where this red dot kept moving to where D.J. could only imagine was Angess. D.J. flew above the clouds. They covered the entire sky with a depressing gloom over them and D.J. used it for cover.

Finally, after what seemed like an hour of flying, the dot stopped moving and so did D.J. He flew down to spot an old wherehouse next to some train tracks. D.J. was surprised how far out they were from the city. It didn't matter much, though. Now was some spy action.

D.J. flew down and landed on the small side of the building, carefully not making noise. He continued to float making sure he didn't step on anything loud. The door leading in the building was broken and had a giant hole in it. As D.J. flew through the doorway, everything became cramped.

There were machines and old gadgets crunched up to where D.J. had to dodge his way through. Through his struggle, he didn't make any noise, but he did something.

Jesus, any closer and I might as well become the building, he thought.

There the noise again. Eventually as he got closer, he realized that the noise was talking. He eventually got to a giant doorway with some plastic curtains off to the side. Through the doorway, D.J. saw two figures in the corner of his eyes and darted for cover.

Angess and Pan.

D.J. quietly got between the curtains and the wall. He had to see what they were doing. It was only a little dark in there, so he could see the main figures. He turned the phone off and set it down barely beyond the wall so he could look in the reflection and see what they were doing.

Just as he positioned the phone, he saw a red figure out of the corner of his eye again. He looked up and saw a person hiding the same way he was. The person was whering  a blood red cloak, and a red scarf covering their nose down. Judging by the details D.J. could see, this was a girl. She was also whering dark blue jeans.

She pulled out her arms, whering a black shirt, and started doing sign language. She did a lot of it too. When she stopped, D.J. cocked his head to the side in confusion. She rolled her eyes in annoyence, then did a motion he could read. She pounded her fist together, pointed at the twins and then put up two fingers. She's asking if I'm about to pound those two.

D.J. nodded his head. The woman looked down in thought. Maybe she had the same idea, but she was supposed to do it herself. She nodded at D.J., then slowly stepped back into darkness until D.J. couldn't see her anymore.

D.J. focused his attention back on the Twins. While he was busy talking to strangers, the other two had apparently opened a purple portal. Or magical window? It was circular and had a picture coming from the center.

The center had a dark figure showing it whering a black cloak completely covering his face. The figure started talking.

"Was he there?" It asked in a demonic deep voice.

"No. It was just Stun-Man. He didn't show his face this time." Pan responded. D.J. swore there was a bit of fear in her voice.

"What are his signs?"

This time, Angess answered. "We can sense his magic in him rising, but unlike the other, he hasn't shown that the spell was wharing out."

"And his anger?"

"Overwhelmed. Everyday, it gets harder to keep the spell active. It's like he's fighting it."

"Well, try harder!" The man sounded a bit more demanding. "We need him to loose control. I already have my next task. This one might set the National Guard to the city so you'll have to make it count. His friends. They are the only bit keeping him from insanity. He still feels the pain from every injury he has every felt. Escpially his girl."

D.J. couldn't help himself. That was the last straw. No one brings his friends into this. Especially Cristy. D.J. jumped out of his hiding place and shot a blast at the two. Both turned their heads in time to see it coming and moved. The portal vanished and now it was only the three of them.

D.J. was ending this. Now!