Chapter 5: Hanging With Friends

Now D.J. found himself waiting on a bench and was staring at the city. In front of him was a bar that was blocking the edge of the water. At a distance he clearly saw the city. He noticed how much he hasn't used his powers.

He waited a bit, and was about to give up and go home, but was surprised to get hugged from behind. The skinny and pale arms gave off immediately who it was. It was Tina. She squeezed him tightly and fell to her knees to make it easier to hug him.

"Where have you been?" said a familiar voice. D.J. turned around as Tina let go of him. The voice was the other Sam, one of his best friend. 

"Going places. Doing things." D.J. responded.

A more deeper voice was spoken behind Sam. It was Will and he said, "It's not like you to just go run off without telling us something. Usually you complain about your week, say a joke, and tell us what your up to then go fuck bitches. Maybe even offer us to come with you."

All four of them chuckled a bit. Will and D.J. walked over and did a bro hug and did a little handshake. They stepped back from each other and started talking about everybody's days except D.J.'s. D.J. was trying to keep away from what he was doing for the past month, but he failed, no matter how much he tried to keep their minds off him. He even tried to talk about the sighting of Stun-Man making his appearance and finally admitting he was there to help the city.

But it failed. Will said, "So, what have you been up to man?"

D.J. turned his head and looked down with a troubled face. Tina was the first to react. She walked over and touched his chest and tried to look up into his eyes.

"It's okay. You don't have tell us if you don't want to." Tina said. She was interrupted by Will.

"Unless your getting into trouble. Then me and you need to have a talk." Will said seriously.

D.J. chuckled. "I haven't been doing stupid shit. Don't worry. If I was I would probably be looking like shit like you when we saved your ass." Will nodded. "Look, I'll tell you guys later if I get what I'm looking for."

Sam spoke up and said, "Whatever it is, we're here for ya man."

All three of them stared at D.J. and it warmed D.J.s heart to know that this was true. They spent the rest of the day talking, running around the park. During the time, Tina was listening to "Secrets" by One Republic.

D.J. hadn't had such fun in far too long.