Chapter 18: Out Of Town

Before D.J. could leave, he was told to get some sleep so he went to his mentors house. But he didn't get much sleep. They woke up early. D.J. felt extremely tired. When they started the trip, D.J. just passed out in a matter of seconds.

D.J. couldn't tell how long they were traveling. They were driving for hours. D.J. saw fields and forest. He couldn't tell where they were, or why his mentor had so much luggage it almost overflowed the trunk and the rest was squishing D.J. and his luggage.

D.J. fell asleep eventually and woke up later on. They were next to a field that rested next to a forest. His mentor was already almost done unloading the taxi when D.J. got out.

"Its about time you woke up. I don't want to keep the driver waiting. Its dark and he is tired so get your stuff out so he get out of here."

"How long have we been driving?" D.J. asked rubbing his eyes. "And where are we?"

"We're in Tennessee. We have been traveling for more than 13 hours." His mentor said getting the last of his luggage.

"JESUS!" D.J. yelled dumbstruck. "Who is this guy? Why was he willing to take us this far and why did we come this far?"

He got all his stuff out of the taxi. His master paid the driver who rudely took the money and drove angrily away. Then he started setting up tents while D.J. was left standing around wondering what to do.

The mentor spoke to D.J. again while still setting up. "We need a LOT of open space for you to practice. Go get fire wood."

D.J. did what he was told. His master continued. "We have one primary goal we're aiming for and a side goal as well. It will take hard work and focus. Patience and determination."

Just as he said that, the wire he was trying to bend into place slipped his hand and snake him across the face. D.J. just stared. He didn't know whether or not to be worried, scared, or to just laugh. But the mentor just started laughing. D.J. let out a sigh of relief then started laughing.

D.J. started a fire with his energy ball without his mentor knowing. They had hotdogs and s'mores while telling stories and jokes and laughing.