Chapter 36: Failed

D.J. Sprinted out of the door back into the dark alley. He already had his suit on and ready to go. Apparently S.W.O.R.D. had a spare suit just in case. D.J. shot through the clouds, heading straight for one of the main police buildings.

When D.J. reached it, there were black cars and police cars spread all around it. The walls were steaming with dark purple smoke. The smoke went into the air and started to cover the sky.

D.J. flew down to see what was going on. There was no one around. Not a single soul was in the area, just cars. D.J. looked at the door, entirely glass, and noticed that it was completely covered with people trying to open it. He looked up at the other windows and realized that every single window had someone being pushed into it.

Not thinking twice, D.J. tried to fly to them and let them out, but a rock hard fist was firmly planted into his cheek and sent him spiraling to his left. His body flopped and broke the road as his smashed through numerous cars. He eventually slammed into a news reporters van.

D.J. looked up. Now he was getting angry. He pulled himself out of the van and powered up. He went into his Mock One form. His muscles depleted and his became more lean. He looked around for whoever hit him, and he thought he knew damn well who it was. Angess. He stood a few yard away from D.J. arms folded.

"This time, things will end differently!!!!" D.J. screamed. He shot forward with all his speed and threw a punch right for Angess's face. It ended up being like punching a brick wall. D.J. swore he could hear something​ break in his hand.

He removed his hand took a step back and swung his left leg over to kick him in the face. Angess grabbed D.J. by his shin, spun him around and threw him to the same van again.

D.J. was about to try to tackle Angess, but he remembered that there were people stuck in the building at what he could only think of a fire coming down in on them with magic keeping it in. D.J. raised his right hand and shot a blue ball of plasma at the road in front of Angess, causing smoke to blind him. He heard Angess curse through it. D.J. flew up and looked around for Pan.

He saw Pan on a roof across the street from the building. She was waving her hands in different shapes. She was bending the fire in the building. D.J. was about to fly down and kick her ass, but a fist painfully slammed down on D.J.s head, shooting him down back to the streets.

D.J. felt the rocks through his fingers. Some of his suit was already beginning to rip apart. He pushed himself, dazed. He looked up and Angess was gone. As D.J. scanned the sky, a masculine hand tightly gripped D.J.s throat. This man has a grip. D.J. placed both hands on the man's head and tried to crush it, but he didn't budge. He smiled instead.

Blue plasma balls surrounded D.J.s hands and he shot giant beams right into Angess's face. There was a loud humming and then D.J. could hear him scream in pain as he let go, making D.J. cough and weez for air. He had to stop Pan.

He looked at the building. There was smoke, but not fire in view. Um, in fact, D.J. felt not heat coming from the building. D.J. still couldn't let Pan get away with whatever she doing. D.J. flew right up to her building, and spotted her right where she was earlier.

D.J. flew right at her but then his arms were grabbed from behind him and a knee slammed into his spine. D.J. barely, painfully, turned his head, and saw Angess easily holding D.J. in that hold. But... Something else happened. Arms completely wrapped around his neck putting him in a choke hold while still having his arms pulled back.

He heard someone whisper in his ear, "Honestly, you really need to step up your game."

Now this was bullshittery. There were two Angess's? A third Angess floated in front of D.J., with his arms crossed, smirking. D.J. eyes widened as he sufficated again.

"Cloning", he answered the obvious question. "Is a very hard spell. If you do it temperarily, the only problem is you would have split your speed and strength between the clones. You could choose how much of which which one would get. But a longer period of time, and for longer distances, you would have to split your own soul the same way between them.

"The minds of them can be contacted when in close range, but when too far, they can't. It's a bunch of rules to them, but it doesn't matter."

D.J. struggled to get out of two locks in one, but he wasn't strong enough. "You're an idiot. The form your in now increases your speed, but decreases your strength. You can't beat me. You'd have more of a chance in your regular form than this."

D.J. realized that he was right. But something was wrong. He couldn't change back.

"You won't be doing anything for a while, by the way. Not after failing them." Angess, the one in front of D.J., pointed at the building. All the windows and doors suddenly exploded with everyone still inside.