Chapter 2: Research

SEVERAL DAYS AGO.

It was time to find the truth. He had to find out what had happened and what she meant by that. D.J. was going back to the school, because the teachers were allowing it for some reason, to look up what she meant and he knew exactly where to start. He was going to make sure he got the right answers.

It was the second day off and the kids were being let out early because of the teachers packing up. D.J. was able to convince his teachers to let them stay longer because he wanted to get all the information he needed.

He was sitting in a computer lab with a marble floor. There were papers on the columns that showed the rules of the classroom and each row had a computer to it. D.J. sat down on the second to last row close to the middle. He put his bag to left of him on the chair. He didn't want anybody seeing what he was researching.

He had no leads to go on at all except one. Any extreme incidents that happened 14 to 15 years ago. He literally searched those exact words. The internet wasn't very helpful. Few robberies, smuggling, even terrorist attacks, but not what he was looking for. Just when he was about to give up and turn it off, something caught his eye.

There was a website that said something about two babies missing. D.J. clicked on it immediately not even looking into the details. He saw a picture of destroyed machinery and ash everywhere. The text said something about a man that had went missing a few years before this incident and had been found dead with a few hundred other dead bodies that the government couldn't recognize, couldn't even dial it down through their DNA.

The damage to bodies was undetectable. It looked as if a bomb went off in some of them while others were burned to death. D.J. finally read that two children, judging by the size of the founded footprints, went away from the battle and were presumed missing.

As soon as he read that sentence, the website was blocked and the entire computer shut down. D.J. looked amazed. He didn't understand why it did that because it was a semi kid friendly website if you don't look up death. D.J. immediately knew that something was off.

D.J. knew that the school computers would immediately block any websites that can cause viruses as soon as it hits the internet. Someone doesn't want him seeing something that he had to find out for himself. The teacher said to go home again and as D.J. got up, he noticed that Cristy, someone who helped him with his DNA, a whole other story, was watching him a seat behind.

D.J. kept his head low and she looked away as fast as she could. He knew she knew. D.J. decided to look it up in the library instead of school because once a site is blocked there, it's blocked for good.