Chapter 4: Worry

D.J  went to the library one more time. Cristy had a plan set out for him. She wanted to teach him how to hack and the only safe place she knew was at her place. Several days went on while D.J. kept going to her house. It was extremely awkward.

Eventually one day as he was heading out and his mother stopped him.

"Hey, where are you going now?" she asked a bit worried.

"A friends house. I've been going there lately so I'll be fine." he said.

"Can I know who this person is or is it a secret?" his mother asked while she moved her hips. D.J. shrugged.

"Is it personal? Is it a girl?" she grinned.

"Mom, its nothing." D.J. chuckled. "Look, I gotta go okay? I love you."

"Wait!" She said serious this time. "Your friends want to hang with you, they're worried ya, know. So am I." D.J. nodded showing he understood. "If there is something you wanna talk about, just tell me okay? Your father and I are always ready to listen. If we're ever home."

"I know." D.J. said and smiled. "Bye"

"Go get her, Tigger." she joked. D.J. laughed a bit and walked out.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

D.J. arrived at her apartment building and was about to walk in but stopped for something. He hadn't actually enjoyed himself in...forever. He hadn't spent time, actual time, with his friends or family for a while. He sighed in sadness.

He pulled himself together because he is a superhero, he doesn't get to take care of himself anymore. He reached forward for the nob to the building but as he did so, the door was opened from the other side.

It was Cristy to his surprise. He looked at her puzzled.

"Your a little late." Cristy said trying to imply to him that he was in trouble. "Look around you. You can't really get lost here. Well, maybe you can, but you have been coming here several times that you should get used to it. Several trees are plated along the side walk and the street is slightly covered in trash. Nobody ever comes around here so what's the deal?"

She stared at him for a while, but was done waiting. She talked before he could get the nerve to speak. She said, "Look, you have more than willing to learn this stuff, but your putting way too much time into it. You need to get out more."

D.J. nodded in agreement. "Two days." she said. "Two days I want you to get out there and hang with your friends and family."

"Okay, but what about you?" he asked her.

"Um, I got other things to do than teach you stuff. Now go. NOW." she said more fiercely.

D.J. took the offer with hiding joy. He hadn't realized how much he wanted this. He was handed a phone and told to call his friends and he did so. They were going to meet around a park they first met.