Chapter 30: Another One Gone

D.J. fell to his knees. He felt his arms get a mind of their own and switch himself back into regular clothes while, surprisingly, stuffed his suit into his pocket. Sure, it created a huge bulge, but no one would notice.

D.J. could feel blood stain his shirt and a bit of his pants from the giant hole in his chest, but his mind was focused on Jakkai. His son was hovered over his fathers dead body as D.J. was sitting on his heels. Sirens rang in the distance, getting closer and closer. Eventually, they got there. D.J. stood up and slowly backed away so the ambulance could take Jakkai away and wouldn't notice him. It was Sebastian they had to worry about. He was fighting all of them to stay next to his dad.

D.J. walked up and with his super strength lifted Sebastian up a foot from the ground and carried him off. Both had tears down their face. Eventually, Sebastian stopped fighting, and both fell to their knees.

D.J. and Sebastian where at the hospital. D.J. had changed shirts as soon as the wound healed enough to stop the bleeding. Sebastian was accompanied by Don's parents while D.J. was sitting alone to his thoughts. The doctor came out. It was the same one Don had when he first walked home. Hoping that maybe the kids were wrong, the parents heard the news. Jack was dead.

D.J.'s mom turned around and ran into her husbands arms. Sebastian was hoping maybe the attack missed and only attacked his dad's lung, forcing him into blood loss, passing out. But after hearing this, Sebastian ran out of the building, tears down his face. 

D.J. silently cried. Jakkai was his friend. His best friend. He could trust Jakkai with anything. And now, he is gone.

Two days passed. Any family D.J. had, who he knew he wasn't related to, came over. Sebastian hid inside Sara's old room. D.J. just hid inside his. It was quiet. After several hours of rain, and people having their introductions, they all left. D.J.'s dad took Sebastian home, since he was old enough to live on his own.

When they got back, D.J. couldn't hold it in anymore.

D.J. walked into the dining room. His dad, or whoever he was, was leaning against the wall. His so called mom was sitting down. D.J.'s hair covered his eyes. Surprised, the two parents looked at D.J.

"Do-" his mom started to say, but was cut off by D.J.

"Who am I?" he asked in a quiet but intense voice.

"What?" his dad asked.

D.J. slammed down copies of the documents he found on the super computer. Every bit of proof. His dad just stared. His mom started to tear up again.

"Who am I?" D.J. said more demanding. D.J. started to reveal his face, his face full of furry.

"We were going to tell you-", his mom was cut off again.

"When? When I turn 18? When I would be old enough?" He raised his voice.

"Don, you weren't ready-" his dad tried speaking.

"Oh, but Sara was? She knew all her LIFE! And I wasn't supposedly ready when she died?" D.J. was now yelling.

"Don't you dare be bringing Sara back into this!"Dess was now pissed.

"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!! YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!!!" D.J. was loosing control.

"THAT IS ENOUGH, DON!!!" Dess was loosing it too.

Now D.J. grinded his teeth and spoke in a threatening voice towards Dess. "Don't you DARE call me that again. I'm not your son."

Dess punched D.J. square in the face. D.J. was taken back, but swung his arm right at Dess and broke his nose.

The mother got in between them, but D.J. pushed both of them away. He walked towards a wall full of pictures. He saw his sister with him and Dess and Susan. They were at the school and D.J. had finally got to highschool.

"We never told your sister. She always knew herself. We were going to tell you in middle school, but she told us not to. We went with her word. Not our own." His mother said. Her voice was clear but her face shinned with tears.

D.J. clenched his fist. "Why? Why did this happen?.. I'm not your son. She was never your daughter. You don't own me."

Dess had enough. He yelled, "YOU ARE MY SON!!! YOU ARE MY CHILDREN!!!"

D.J. grabbed the picture and chucked it towards the two. The picture hit the wall and shattered. Finally, D.J. walked off.

A few more days passed. It was Jakkai's funeral. Only a few people showed up. It was raining. The graveyard was gray and gloomy. D.J. was dressed like everyone else was. For a funeral. Tears ran down his and Sebastian's faces. Few people spoke. D.J. didn't notice. The priest read from the Bible.

When Jakkai was lowered into the hole, everyone got up to leave. Sebastian and D.J. stayed. They both threw flowers onto it. After he was completely buried, the two stayed and starred at his tombstone in silence. Eventually, D.J. looked at Sebastian, walked over, patted him on the shoulder, and left to go morn in his room for however long he needed to.