Chapter 26: Running Around

D.J. flew out of the hospital. It only took an hour or two after he got there for his healing factor to heal him efficiently. He was awake the entire time, telling them that his healing factor was going to take care of him. The doctors and nurses did what he told them and the officers were told to contain D.J., but got the order called off because of video evidence of someone else causing the explosion. Not D.J.

D.J. flew over to the hall and saw that the fire was still burning. He flew down to the firefighters and asked if there was anything he could do to help.

"Go home. Just... Go home. You've done enough."

D.J. nodded in agreement with a heavy heart. He wish he could make it up to the families that had lost someone.

The building was ablaze for the rest of the night. D.J. couldn't sleep. He stared outside his bedroom window looking at the light barely visible in the night above the buildings.

The next day D.J. was on his way to talk to his mentor but to D.J.s surprise, his master was heading towards his direction.

When they met, all the master said was "Take this paper. Don't open it until you have no other leads. Go back to the  hideout on the computer to go look at what you were researching. This should help you."

D.J. was handed a folded sticky note then the man walked off. D.J. didn't know what to think. How did he know what D.J. was researching? But D.J. did what he was told. He went to the underground hideout. The entrance was in an ally way so no one really paid much attention.

When he got there, he checked the internet for the previous website he was on and he found it, except it wasn't blocked.

D.J. continued to read where he left off.

The children had been left missing for fifteen years. There was no indication as to where they could have been other than dead. As he read it, he saw a picture that just didn't make sense. He saw his fathers face with a few other people with him. D.J. immediately had a theory as to what he must do when he was lost.

Several footsteps were seen leading away from the mass genocide. By the looks of it, one might have been his late twenties, while another was around 7 or 8. The smallest had to be 4 or 5. The tracks suddenly end and the bodies were never found.

What now?.. I could try Facebook.

He went over to his own personal account on Facebook. He scrolled all the way down to see if he had a post saying "Just Born" and he found it. He went through his parents page and his grandparents page. Everything was fine until he looked at the post date. It said it was published a month after the unknown incident.

And now what? Wait! That's it! The paper..!

D.J. took out the paper that his mentor gave him. He looked at it all D.J. saw was random letters, numbers, and symbols. He decided to put it in the search bar and immediately a new page opened up. D.J. read what it said. And it only said a few things.

Dess James, Susan James adopted two young children after the incident that happened several years ago. Having a non membership with S.W.O.R.D., Jakkai Geriza, was chosen to be the godfather of the two adopted. He was chosen after showing he cared about the children as if they were his own. After hearing that 'magic' men were going to forever look for him, S.W.O.R.D. promised that they would help have him disappear from the world and give him everything he needed to survive. They only needed to have him do one thing. To help teach people how to fight so in case of emergency, the people can defend themselves. Jakkai swore he would teach them everything they could handle.

Jakkai now lives in New York with a new identity. He now is called Jack Hemsworth. His son barely remembers a thing about the past but Jakkai fears they still will eventually find him.

Although we have no information about the children's given names, they now go by the names of Don James and Sara James.

Sara James - deceased.

When he was done, his heart stopped.

He turned pale.

D.J. couldn't believe what he was reading. Him? Adopted?! His life was a lie as far as he could remember? D.J. couldn't take it. He ran out of the hideout and just continued to run. He didn't care how many people he ran into.