Chapter 21: Faster

Several hours passed and the afternoon was starting to hit. D.J. was practicing throwing punches. The mentor was meditating again.

"Okay, I'm ready." The master said out of no where. "Your goal is to dodge and only dodge my attacks. No blocking, no counters, just dodge. I won't use strength so it will just be speed."

"Okay. Let's do this." D.J. said over confident.

His master came at him faster then before and threw punches too fast for D.J. to see. It stayed like this for a while until his master used stronger attacks to push D.J. and D.J. knew exactly what he was doing.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"Alright. This is a race. You are to beat the speed of a bullet." His master said.

"Easy." Said D.J.

His master continued, "With the speed enhanced by magic."

"Oh..." D.J. at that point wasn't feeling that confident anymore.

"We have several hundred miles of road and your going to use them against the bullet. If you pass 4 miles before that bullet, you win, your done."

His master pulled out a glock and pointed it down the street. D.J. got in ready position.

BANG

D.J. ran as fast as he could. He was at first way ahead of the bullet but it somehow caught up to him. He eventually ran out of breath and gave up.

D.J. heard a quiet yell from far away. "Again."