Chapter 23: Camping Training Part 2: Mock One

They... They were going to kill everyone... And I'm not strong enough. I can't protect everyone.

D.J. saw a flash of his sister and was filled with anger. He got up and walked over to his master gun, which was at hidden underneath everything. D.J. took the gun and walked over to where his master was when he shot the gun the first time. He aimed. D.J. fired.

Both the bullet and D.J. were trying to stay ahead but D.J. started to fall behind. D.J. thought for a moment.

Not again... Not AGAIN!!!

D.J. couldn't describe the feeling of what happened. He felt a sudden jolt of stamina and he felt his body speed up. He past the bullet and stepped in front of it, held out his hand and caught it. He stopped dead in his tracks.

He fell to his knees. D.J. couldn't breath. His heart stopped from what he could tell. His arms and legs began to twitch, just a little but then start to go crazy. At that moment, his body felt like it was on fire. D.J. floated off the ground screaming. His entire body began to shrink.

He became more lean and skinny. Still muscular, but more skinny. His height stayed the same.

The power...The speed... What...what is this..? Is this what the goal was?

"You finally did it. You have reached Mock One." D.J.s master said walking over. "If I am correct, your spread should have increased while your strength decreased. You should be able to keep up with the two."

"This... This is what you were trying to accomplish?" D.J. asked.

The master nodded.

"It... It feels... Good."